Next Cowdenbeath Manager 2017

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, big al said:

Colin Cameron in the frame, I liked him the first time. Felt he was unfairly criticised, few fans had it right in for him.

Totally agree Al, CC was a dedicated manager and achieved a promotion and also kept us in the Championship. Not sure if he would be the right person but would it be a bad shout?

Out of all the names mentioned so far which are actually realistic, Allan Moore seems like the best pick to be honest.
Realistically you need someone with experience, and only those with experience who have been out the game for quite a while will apply considering your current position - so who else fits that criteria aside from Moore?

You just want them to get relegated, don't you?

29 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Totally agree Al, CC was a dedicated manager and achieved a promotion and also kept us in the Championship. Not sure if he would be the right person but would it be a bad shout!

Not a bad shout as he knows the club well and to his credit stepped down as  manager quickly in the championship recognising the club's importance of staying in the league.

However I am not a great believer in going back and remember he inherited a good squad and would he want to come back knowing if we got relegated which wouldn't be his fault to be remembered as the guy who took Cowdenbeath out of senior football or be remembered as the guy who we currently remember as bringing success to our club allowing us 3 years in the championship 

Perhaps Locke and Mickey as his number 2 I don't know.

12 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Not a bad shout as he knows the club well and to his credit stepped down as  manager quickly in the championship recognising the club's importance of staying in the league.

However I am not a great believer in going back and remember he inherited a good squad and would he want to come back knowing if we got relegated which wouldn't be his fault to be remembered as the guy who took Cowdenbeath out of senior football or be remembered as the guy who we currently remember as bringing success to our club allowing us 3 years in the championship by achieving a first league title in over 60 years

Perhaps Locke and Mickey as his number 2 I don't know.

:unsure: You do remember we won the 3rd Division in 2005/06?

5 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Helicopter dreams day sir.

Helicopter dreams

Must have been a great experience that day at Central Park.

Hopefully we can bring success back to the club with a sense of togetherness again amongst fans,players,manager etc

Colin Cameron isn't the man for this job purely as I don't think he's the man to motivate an existing pool of players. He struggled badly at Berwick in not too dissimilar circumstances.

I think he could be a good manager in the right circumstances as he clearly has good ideas but I don't see this one of those circumstances. 

He would jump at the chance to take this job though and would rebuild us next season (even if we went down) so that's some positives. Granted his signings at Berwick were abysmal as were a lot of his at Cowden.

Archived