Next Cowdenbeath Manager 2017

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Interesting read about where it went wrong for Locke http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/where-did-it-all-go-wrong-for-gary-locke-1-4361718

The scary thing for me is it all sounds too familiar but he has certainly been exposed to experience and comes across as a good  guy. 

Sorry but Locke would be an awful choice.  He has turned a semi-decent Raith side into one that hasn't won in 17 matches. I'm stunned to see his name mentioned - it would not be a popular choice and I don't think he has shown any great experience of a relegation dogfight other than one season with Hearts when they had a points deduction.  We won't be playing Hibs or Hearts anytime soon so we don't need him!

I really have no idea who will be the new manager.  I doubt we have the finances for somebody with a great deal of experience but somebody like Allan Moore would be a decent shout.  He did a stunning job with Stirling in his first role but struggled at a higher level with Morton.  Arbroath was his last job and if I remember right did he not start amazingly well before a stunning collapse? If he could just bring some organisation to our play and teach the players to not let conceding a goal destroy us then he'd be my pick. If he's interested of course.

40 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Sorry but Locke would be an awful choice.  He has turned a semi-decent Raith side into one that hasn't won in 17 matches. I'm stunned to see his name mentioned - it would not be a popular choice and I don't think he has shown any great experience of a relegation dogfight other than one season with Hearts when they had a points deduction.  We won't be playing Hibs or Hearts anytime soon so we don't need him!

I really have no idea who will be the new manager.  I doubt we have the finances for somebody with a great deal of experience but somebody like Allan Moore would be a decent shout.  He did a stunning job with Stirling in his first role but struggled at a higher level with Morton.  Arbroath was his last job and if I remember right did he not start amazingly well before a stunning collapse? If he could just bring some organisation to our play and teach the players to not let conceding a goal destroy us then he'd be my pick. If he's interested of course.

I'm sure the club will already have someone in mind. No time for dilly dallying.

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I'm sure the club will already have someone in mind. No time for dilly dallying.

I'd hope so but they have asked for applicants so will just depend on who applies!

I doubt we have the finances for somebody with a great deal of experience but somebody like Allan Moore would be a decent shout.  He did a stunning job with Stirling in his first role but struggled at a higher level with Morton.  Arbroath was his last job and if I remember right did he not start amazingly well before a stunning collapse?

Wee Moorie certainly had one decent season at Morton when they pushed Partick Thistle all the way the season Thistle won the old first division in season 2012-13 when they finished second under him.
I think he'd a be a decent short term proposition to see if he can keep them up. He won't accept any slackness.

3 minutes ago, NE63 exile said:

Wee Moorie certainly had one decent season at Morton when they pushed Partick Thistle all the way the season Thistle won the old first division in season 2012-13 when they finished second under him.
I think he'd a be a decent short term proposition to see if he can keep them up. He won't accept any slackness.

Ah forgot he had Morton going for the title.  That's it settled #Mooreforcowden

Ah forgot he had Morton going for the title.  That's it settled #Mooreforcowden

I'm sure he lost most of his big hitters for the following season then Morton struggled.
Did a great job at Stirling Albion, you could do a lot worse.
I would imagine there will be a fair bit interest in the job. Cowden's a well run club by good people.

Out of all the names mentioned so far which are actually realistic, Allan Moore seems like the best pick to be honest.

Realistically you need someone with experience, and only those with experience who have been out the game for quite a while will apply considering your current position - so who else fits that criteria aside from Moore?

Id go for Moore. Burchill would be ok also but moore has that bit more experience which could prove to better in our short term aims.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Grant Murray on the shortlist of 3-4 names.

Archived