Next Cowdenbeath Manager 2017

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Francesc Fabregas said:

He might just be what Cowdenbeath need in the short term. How long is he contracted for?

End of season.  Doubt we'd be able to afford him at Lowland League if it happens.  If he has the start he did at Raith then I'm happy.  He can't sign anyone which is a big part of why Raith fans hate him.  

As I said before if we could get Kevin McHattie on loan now we'd be grand :lol:

In Locke we trust. I personally dont think its a bad appointment. Guaranteed wont be as bad as Nish or Fox. Will he be another cowden manager to do great things and move onto a bigger club - probably not.

If Locke keeps us up every single person slagging the guy will look stupid. Although longer term how he would fare with assembling a squad etc etc is different. He has an unbelievably hard task.

Oh Gary. :lol:

It might not be the worst appointment short-term, I don't claim to have knowledge of Cowden's squad but if they're under-achieving he might get a couple of results. Expect to be playing 4-4-2 and lumping at a big man though. Lack of a big man is not an obstacle.

He genuinely is clueless though, and not just about football. A seriously dim man. 

3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

End of season.  Doubt we'd be able to afford him at Lowland League if it happens.  If he has the start he did at Raith then I'm happy.  He can't sign anyone which is a big part of why Raith fans hate him.  

As I said before if we could get Kevin McHattie on loan now we'd be grand :lol:

No, that's not it, not really.

Here's why I hate him. There is no organization, no plan. The coaching is shit and you can see how he bleeds confidence out of players. His plan B is to throw "forward thinking players" on in the last ten minutes, regardless of opposition, formation or anything.

He generally gives the impression of being clueless about why things go wrong, and has no ability to stop them going wrong.

Quite happy for him actually.  Nice guy and apparently did a power or work.

It didn’t work out for him at Rovers though.  Numerous reasons why, largely due to some poor recruitment and inability to lift things when we were on the slide. Was very good at getting us up for the big games  though, so he may work out in the short term.

Locke will win 5 games between now and the end of the season, Cowden will stay up, he'll then make a mess in the transfer market and be sacked in November with you winless in 13.

Quote me on this, he does it at every single club. His win ratio will also be 27.8%.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Quite happy for him actually.  Nice guy and apparently did a power or work.

It didn’t work out for him at Rovers though.  Numerous reasons why, largely due to some poor recruitment and inability to lift things when we were on the slide. Was very good at getting us up for the big games  though, so he may work out in the short term.

Or Killie, or Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Oh Gary. :lol:

It might not be the worst appointment short-term, I don't claim to have knowledge of Cowden's squad but if they're under-achieving he might get a couple of results. Expect to be playing 4-4-2 and lumping at a big man though. Lack of a big man is not an obstacle.

He genuinely is clueless though, and not just about football. A seriously dim man. 

Same as the rest of the season then - thank God for Kris Renton!

At least we know now why Locke was so keen to get his pending one match touchline ban rescinded.

Did that happen by the way? Or does the Cowden team have a one match respite from his tactical management?

Archived