Next Cowdenbeath Manager 2017

15 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Keep at least one eye on Mr L....

You are a tease Ron. I would go for DL as he knows what hard graft is and knows you have got to engage with the community when at clubs like ours unless your still hinting at Locke.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

He has been applying for managers jobs right enough. There was an interesting interview with him on the Beeb where he cited his colour as a possible barrier to him landing a job in Scotland.

Used to be some boy back in the day. Would be an interesting appointment for sure. There will be all sorts of rumours before the job is filled though. 

You would get some end of season night:lol:

Just now, Cowden316 said:

You are a tease Ron. I would go for DL as he knows what hard graft is and knows you have got to engage with the community when at clubs like ours unless your still hinting at Locke.

Another L who lives local.

Leish.jpg

Probably is you always get a good few folk applying for jobs, my moneys on Yellow Feet with Jake as his number 2, a lot of folk reckon Jake is a number 2.

Debatable, my record on FM is pretty sensational.

28 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Debatable, my record on FM is pretty sensational.

Sorry to tell you that you that you didn't make the short list. Oh and can you please tell your mate not to get his hopes up? One of the candidates, a former Berwick manager grassed him up.  :whistle

Managers don't tend to last long at Cowden- they either do a good job and leave for bigger things (e.g. Levein) or they're shite and get sacked (how long have you got..). Why not save money and go back to the old system of the committee picking the team?!

I wonder if Big Shelley has her application in- she seems to be ambitious. 

Sorry to tell you that you that you didn't make the short list. Oh and can you please tell your mate not to get his hopes up? One of the candidates, a former Berwick manager grassed him up.  :whistle

Nonsense.

The #BinoFeetRevolution is happening, embrace and accept it x

I'm devastated that the Binofeet revolution has been shot down so early. We're in need of a fresh burst of youth in the dugouts! They could be the next Eddie Howe.

Keep the faith brother.

Q. Do u blame players or previous manager cowden. Im blaming players at my club as much as BF but they always get 2nd chance. Not right

When we were in the situation I blamed the manager for 60%. Tully's tactics were awful but the majority of our boys were more interested in swapping comps than listening to his team talk. Billy Big Time playing in League 2.

58 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Q. Do u blame players or previous manager cowden. Im blaming players at my club as much as BF but they always get 2nd chance. Not right

Irrespective of where the problem lies, it's always easier and cheaper to replace one manager rather than a team, no matter how little the team offers.

3 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

I think the players have actually got off with a heck of a lot from fans on our situation. Some guys should be performing better but there doesnt appear to be a strong mental and close bond attitude at the club. At the start of the season we were a shambles in terms of fitness and work rate and general play. I think that has to fall under poor management also. Most recently you ive seen an increased work rate and the lads trying although every game theres always 1 or 2 who slack and we need 11 players doing it. I think the players were really trying but sadly just werent good enough or fox had them tactically all over the place.

Maybe DL will be back who knows..

Gary Locke is the new manager. Central Fife Times has confirmed.

http://www.centralfifetimes.com/news/15147836.Gary_Locke_is_new_Cowden_boss/?ref=mr&lp=4

For those not wanting to click the link -

THE Cowden board have appointed former Raith Rovers and Hearts boss Gary Locke as their new manager.

Director David Allan said this morning: "Cowdenbeath FC can now confirm the appointment of Gary Locke as the club’s new manager.  "Gary of course had a long and successful playing career – most prominently with Hearts.  He also played with Bradford City and then had a lengthy spell with Kilmarnock. 

"He was capped 10 times by Scotland at under-21 level but his career was also interrupted by injury.  He was manager at Raith Rovers until recently and has managed at both Championship and Premier League level. 

"Gary will take charge of the team after tomorrow’s match at Berwick."  Neil Hastings together with Burton O’Brien will be in charge of the side tomorrow and the board gratefully thank them both for all their efforts and help this week. 

Gary will be in attendance at tomorrow’s game and is now actively looking to finalise his coaching team. 

Added David: "We ask all fans to give Gary a very warm welcome to Central Park and their full support as we face the major challenge that lies ahead  in the next couple of months. 

"We do believe that this is a point in time that everyone with Cowden at heart really needs to come together and focus on backing our Club over the remaining games of the season.  Please get behind Gary and the team and let’s see what we can achieve. 

"Finally, we would remind all fans that there is a Fans Meeting with the Board at 8pm on Monday night at Central Park – we also feel it is important that as many of our  fans and well-wishers as possible come along and participate on the night".

Archived