School days?

I quite enjoyed school overall. Never really had many issues and still have a few friends that I go to the Rovers with from my high school days. My primary school was smack bang in the middle of the roughest part of Kirkcaldy at the time but I seemed to get on ok with most of the absolute nutters that went there. It didn't surprise me when I found out various friends I used to chum about with have been in prison or are still in prison for one reason or another. One of the boys that I went through primary with, who also went up to the same high school as me, went off to join the army and was shot and killed in Afghanistan. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Adam said:

I hated school, couldn't wait to leave.  A few folk I went to school with went on to commit murder (one was found not proven but I'm fairly sure he did it, not that I would ever say that to his face), one was done for rape as well.  I went to school with a load of neds from Garthamlock and Craigend, so hardly surprising really.

Still speak to a couple of boys I went to school with, but the vast majority were roasters that I had absolutely nothing in common with, yet still added me on Facebook.  

We had a ten year reunion last year, three girls arranged it.  Think there was at least 150 folk invited.  Six people showed up.  I remember the girl that arranged it went absolutely mental on the private group she had set up on Facebook, as not only had she paid a deposit (even though hardly anyone committed to going to it), but she had also flown up from London to attend.  

That's fantastic. She definitely organised it to brag about her life in London.

Must admit I always find it funny how many of the intelligent and popular group always end up being the local idiots as you grow up.

Either that or very little of my year have amounted to anything.

Couldn't disagree more. People at my school were good c***s. Still not got a bad word to say about any of the people from my year all these years on, most have done well for themselves.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

We had a ten year reunion last year, three girls arranged it.  Think there was at least 150 folk invited.  Six people showed up.  I remember the girl that arranged it went absolutely mental on the private group she had set up on Facebook, as not only had she paid a deposit (even though hardly anyone committed to going to it), but she had also flown up from London to attend.  

:lol:   :lol:

Superb..!

3 hours ago, Adam said:

We had a ten year reunion last year, three girls arranged it.  Think there was at least 150 folk invited.  Six people showed up.  I remember the girl that arranged it went absolutely mental on the private group she had set up on Facebook, as not only had she paid a deposit (even though hardly anyone committed to going to it), but she had also flown up from London to attend.  .  

That's superb. Not being big on nostalgia, I never understand the motivation behind those kind of events - I assume it's either a case of the idea coming from somebody that thinks they've made it in life and want to rub it in the faces of the ones that in their mind they've left behind, or possibly a case of the popular kids wanting to feel like they're king or queen of the world one more time.

Not school related, but I can remember the ex-DJ of a rock club in Glasgow giving me the hard sell about a reunion of the former regulars he was organising a while back.

Aye, a chance to see how baldy most of the guys are nowadays, and just how fat the burds that you'd have pumped back in the day have gotten. Sounds great.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Couldn't disagree more. People at my school were good c***s. Still not got a bad word to say about any of the people from my year all these years on, most have done well for themselves.

Most my year were sound, however there was a select few who enjoyed looking down or badmouthing anyone they could, those are the ones i'm on about, those that bragged about their university courses they had lined up, only to return home in 6 months after they failed the first exam, those are the ones i'm on about from my year. 

I'm still actual proper IRL friends with one person from school. Lost touch with most as soon as I left for uni. Worked quite a bit and had a good social life from 5th year onwards so many of my pals were from the general Dunfermline nighlife/street corner scene rather than schoolmates. 

I quite enjoyed school, favourite memory was one period of double geography where everything seemed to happen. Teacher was away, and for whatever reason no subbie teacher appeared. Most of the mental c***s happened to be in this class, and all hell broke loose. Some poor laddie got hung out the second floor window, another c**t was sitting in the corner playing with a lighter and can of deodorant and then about halfway through, it was revealed that some goth lassie was pregnant with another boy in the class' bairn. Absolute scenes. Primary school was decent too, I still speak to most folk from there. Got one pal who I went through nursery, primary and secondary with, and we started our apprenticeships with the same company at the same time too.

Most my year were sound, however there was a select few who enjoyed looking down or badmouthing anyone they could, those are the ones i'm on about, those that bragged about their university courses they had lined up, only to return home in 6 months after they failed the first exam, those are the ones i'm on about from my year. 

There's 2 secondary schools in Arbroath.

The High School had plenty of stuck up arseholes who were like this. Kind of folk who thought the only way to be successful in life is getting a degree from Yoooni. My ex was one but she was sound, her pals though were as you describe.

I went to the Academy. Just sound c***s who never took themselves too seriously. Some people ( minority like ) at the High looked down at the Academy. All very embarrassing looking back.

I quite enjoyed school, favourite memory was one period of double geography where everything seemed to happen. Teacher was away, and for whatever reason no subbie teacher appeared. Most of the mental c***s happened to be in this class, and all hell broke loose. Some poor laddie got hung out the second floor window, another c**t was sitting in the corner playing with a lighter and can of deodorant and then about halfway through, it was revealed that some goth lassie was pregnant with another boy in the class' bairn. Absolute scenes. Primary school was decent too, I still speak to most folk from there. Got one pal who I went through nursery, primary and secondary with, and we started our apprenticeships with the same company at the same time too.

^

Sound High School c**t. ;)

There's 2 secondary schools in Arbroath.

The High School had plenty of stuck up arseholes who were like this. Kind of folk who thought the only way to be successful in life is getting a degree from Yoooni. My ex was one but she was sound, her pals though were as you describe.

I went to the Academy. Just sound c***s who never took themselves too seriously. Some people ( minority like ) at the High looked down at the Academy. All very embarrassing looking back.

I think by the time I got to 4th/5th year and teachers started talking about Uni etc there was a clear divide where all the boys basically couldn't be arsed and all left for apprenticeships, whereas girls were basically all of the mindset that it was uni or bust. Same at High School and Academy from the folk I know.

Just now, Lichtie78 said:

I think by the time I got to 4th/5th year and teachers started talking about Uni etc there was a clear divide where all the boys basically couldn't be arsed and all left for apprenticeships, whereas girls were basically all of the mindset that it was uni or bust. Same at High School and Academy from the folk I know.

I just stayed on because i had something lined up for when i left, didn't really get chased away early as i stayed under the radar with all my teachers. 

My pal got marched out halfway through his first week of 6th year. Gave a teacher cheek, they had a bit of history and the next thing we knew the year head told him to leave as he was nothing but trouble. 

I just stayed on because i had something lined up for when i left, didn't really get chased away early as i stayed under the radar with all my teachers. 
My pal got marched out halfway through his first week of 6th year. Gave a teacher cheek, they had a bit of history and the next thing we knew the year head told him to leave as he was nothing but trouble. 

I stayed on for 5th year but about halfway through I knew I had a job and basically left school in March time. Had 2/3 months of sitting about in the house on my arse then started work. One of my pals is in the same situation as your pal, still at school in 6th year simply because he didn't having anything to leave for. Just pisses off teachers because he doesn't want to be there and they don't want him to be there.

I stayed on at school as I had nothing lined up. Really glad I did. Enjoyed 5th and 6th year more than any other years at high school.

I think I enjoyed it more because I wasn't bothered about results to be honest, everyone was stressed and I'd be sitting reading completely irrelevant things to amuse myself.

I left. 1 year at college then had a few job offers, trainee Sparky like yourself, trainee plumber or a trainee Quantity Surveyor.

Of course I chose the one that would allow me to sit on my arse in a cosy office drinking coffee in winter. ;)

Fancied doing what you're doing though, sat my SECCT and everything.

I left. 1 year at college then had a few job offers, trainee Sparky like yourself, trainee plumber or a trainee Quantity Surveyor.

Of course I chose the one that would allow me to sit on my arse in a cosy office drinking coffee in winter. [emoji6]

Fancied doing what you're doing though, sat my SECCT and everything.

Tbf I spent all winter cutting about the Hilton in Dundee abusing the free wifi and doing f**k all :lol:

Archived