Are you part of the 75.3%?

Eednud

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, throbber said:

You are a disgusting man.

Folk have real hangups about shower multitasking. DA Baracus gets incensed at tooth-brushing or shaving in the shower. Why not make the most of it? Read a book or magazine, have a drink, clean your teeth, shave, do some chin exercises. 

Definitely not now, but even when I was at uni we would still tend to meet in a pub about 8 pm if we were out for the night, but I definitely drank a lot slower in those days so you would still be relatively sober by the time you went to a nightclub or late opening pub with bouncers on.

Also that was when happy hours and drinks promotions still existed here (f**k I feel old) so the relative cost of drinking in a pub, while still higher than getting 6 cans and sitting tanning them before heading out, wasn’t as bad whereas now you could spend £5-6 on cans and the same drinks in a Glasgow city centre pub could easily cost £20+ which is a fair difference.

There are dedicated shower beers now if that's your thing as well...  http://snask.com/case/shower-beer/

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

You can't take a drink in there with you as the vessel with get splashes of warm water in it, or bits of shampoo/shower gel.

Some of us may have more highly developed motor skills than you throbber. 

We can over-analyse the need to drink and what it says about people etc. It's just an addictive drug. Folk get hammered because they have a drink and the drug makes them crave more just like any other addictive substance. 

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Drinking a can in the shower before heading out is a joy.

I never really buy tins to drink at home (last time I bought tins was for Scotland v Brazil, France 98) but splashed out on a four pack of Tennents the other day. Drank them in the garden. Had a great time. 

Just now, jamamafegan said:

I can see the appeal of pre-drinks but at the end of the day there's nothing quite like finishing work on a Friday, heading to boozer and sharing a pint with your mates.

If I could wind back the clock.. used to have a boss who insisted we were in the boozer not long after noon on a Friday. We'd be utterly cunted by the time our friends and colleagues would arrive at about 6pm so wasn't very sociable in that respect but so enjoyable to be getting the beers in on a Friday afternoon, watching the Thames roll by. 

Depends on the evening ahead. If it's just the pub, won't bother with "prinks". Although, that's usually because we'll head straight from work (Friday) or relatively early (Saturday). If it's a night out in town, I tend to be pretty far gone before getting in to town.
I've also been known to take drinks in to the shower, wouldn't take a glass in but a bottle or can works fine.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My missus spotted a link between me drinking lots before going out and me coming home cunted so I tend to now wait until going out before drinking. I used to like having a bottle of wine in the bath or shower when getting ready. I do still like to nip in for a swift pint on two en-route to a day/night out. 

chrrs.gif

"Shandon gets ready for a night out"

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My missus spotted a link between me drinking lots before going out and me coming home cunted so I tend to now wait until going out before drinking.

^^^ Pumping Miss Marple 

Just now, madwullie said:

^^^ Pumping Miss Marple 

Old age catches up with you. A curry, a bottle of Vermouth and some speed would be the standard pre-night out sustenance when I was younger and I'd happily booze all night. Now if I have a bottle of wine before I go out it's guaranteed carnage. 

Usually have a drink with my tea, and if im heading out with my pal who stays around the corner I'll occasionally take a few cans around to his and play Fifa with him whilst waiting on a taxi. 

Apart from that I just head straight to the Pub and drink there. 

Archived