Cheltenham

doulikefish

41 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Gutted after the 2.50 as I had Constantine Bay who was hindered by the faller after travelling well. Finished like a train as well! WANKS

Cue Card didn't look great before his fall.

My horse's fault I'm afraid, Worlds End. Looked a likely winner till it fell.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woo Hoo, 25/1 winner in the 4.50. Need something in the final race I think though to break even. I'll remember to put singles on next year. 

Me too [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
9db1f2f3d3bd76703227f4a0ceb2dad8.jpg

Won at 12s? A big gamble. Took some of the pain of this week away.

I made loads last year doing matched betting on Cheltenham.  I never had placed any horse bets until the lead up of it last year.  I must admit I was pretty ignorant about horse racing and aside from picking a horse in the Grand National at the works sweepstake I never bothered my arse with it. But afterwards I felt uncomfortable due to the fact that a lot of Horses died in last years in the festival.  I assumed Horse deaths were a quite rare thing.  I'm not having a go at anyone.  I realize I'm a hypocrite, I never donated my profits to horse charities etc.   But does it not bother you that Horses die in this thing so often?  The current number is 3.  I've no doubt that the trainers and owners care for their animals.  But getting them to jump massive hurdles is just asking for trouble.

I used to only ever bet on the Grand National. I did feel guilty about the number of deaths and stopped betting on any horse racing for a couple of years.

Then my mates decided we were going on the piss watching Cheltenham all day and I didn't want to be a spoilsport so joined in. That's become sort of an annual tradition, although I didn't bother this year as up early tomorrow for Wigan away.

I rarely bet on horse racing but do still feel an element of guilt about how many die. Just not enough guilt to stop betting on it, altogether, obviously.

Definitely made zero profit, too scared to check the loss, but not huge. 

58cc231244997_bet1.thumb.JPG.9aaf4c84a1cf8254539d5c46379a3422.JPG

bet2.thumb.JPG.e3570035f810c13a7984f3e865a81abb.JPG

Bit pissed of with this one, clicked on ew which would have brought a return for Winter Escape double with Sizing John, but Skybet not having it.

bet3.JPG.f782a512e861f07b384c1d4e080b8d52.JPG

No more horses for a year apart from more careful betting on the Grand National.

bet 2.JPG

P.S. Don't know why there's a second image of my failed trixie and the site won't let me delete it.

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Definitely made zero profit, too scared to check the loss, but not huge. 

58cc231244997_bet1.thumb.JPG.9aaf4c84a1cf8254539d5c46379a3422.JPG

bet2.thumb.JPG.e3570035f810c13a7984f3e865a81abb.JPG

Bit pissed of with this one, clicked on ew which would have brought a return for Winter Escape double with Sizing John, but Skybet not having it.

bet3.JPG.f782a512e861f07b384c1d4e080b8d52.JPG

No more horses for a year apart from more careful betting on the Grand National.

bet 2.JPG

P.S. Don't know why there's a second image of my failed trixie and the site won't let me delete it.

Just to kick you whilst your down. Moan join me in bitterness. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

With you bro. Back to proper football betting!

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

No even having a coupon this weekend. f**k betting, until next weekend...

Midlands national 2mr at uttoxeter :lol:

I've decided that it's defo something I need to tick off the bucket list, so looking for a bit of advice from those who have been or continue to go.

Roughly, what are you looking at for hotels and tickets? I'd love to do 4 days but I don't think that's particularly realistic, but if folk could give me an idea of what I'm looking at, that would be much appreciated. I'd imagine even a basic room will be £200ish per night.

I'm aiming for next or the year after.

Possibly still riding the wave of Friday bailing me out of a hole, but it would be useful to know regardless. Thanks in advance

Archived