Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC v St Johnstone FC

31 minutes ago, Radford said:

I struggle to remember a good performance from Saints in Inverness, even the 2 wins (from the last 13 trips dating back to 2003) have been 1-0 and via penalties. We've managed just seven goals in that time. It's impossible to have much confidence when you've never seen your team play well at a venue and bottom of the league or not, it's a case of travelling in hope rather than expectation.

One win up in Inverness in your last eight visits. Didn't realise it was quite so poor as that. still, I'm not going into tomorrow with any confidence whatsoever. Can maybe see us getting a draw but wouldn't be surprised to see Saints win by a goal despite your exertions last weekend with nine men and the midweek match.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away to Inverness still holds my favourite ever St Johnstone memory. Mackay sent off, 1-0 up and defending the lead valiantly, balls played up ICTs left wing but our right back Fisher gets there first, any normal man would dink the ball into the stands, not Darnell though, he absolutely murders the ball out the stadium and more than likely kills someone as it spears its away to towards the a9. Glorious minutes wasted.

My biggest gripe is that it wasn't against Aberdeen or Thistle, as we'd have had a mass walkout at the sheer vulgarity of the time wasting.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Away to Inverness still holds my favourite ever St Johnstone memory. Mackay sent off, 1-0 up and defending the lead valiantly, balls played up ICTs left wing but our right back Fisher gets there first, any normal man would dink the ball into the stands, not Darnell though, he absolutely murders the ball out the stadium and more than likely kills someone as it spears its away to towards the a9. Glorious minutes wasted.

My biggest gripe is that it wasn't against Aberdeen or Thistle, as we'd have had a mass walkout at the sheer vulgarity of the time wasting.

Harsh on your diddy cup win.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

It's been the last year and a bit, ever since we set the new away wins record in Dingwall and TW said we could get second. Since then, any of these big opportunities that come along, we seem to blow.

I struggle to remember a good performance from Saints in Inverness, even the 2 wins (from the last 13 trips dating back to 2003) have been 1-0 and via penalties. We've managed just seven goals in that time. It's impossible to have much confidence when you've never seen your team play well at a venue and bottom of the league or not, it's a case of travelling in hope rather than expectation.

It'd be disappointing to lose twice to ICT in what would only be five league wins but wish I could feel confident it won't be the case come 4:45pm tomorrow.

It has. I initially wrote 'couple of seasons' but changed it as I couldn't remember exactly how long it's been happening.  But yes, after that Dave Mackay free kick at Dingwall we started to talk ourselves up and it all went downhill for the next few months.

i was intrigued by Tommy coming out and saying 4th is a possible target as it does seem exactly the kind of comment that'll come back to bite you, and we seem to be much better when we stay low key and get results and points and climb the table with the minimum of fuss.

I wonder if the club want it talked up to boost interest and crowds in the last 3 or 4 games, or if Tommy is using it to set a target for the squad...

Has there ever been an entertaining game in Inverness between the sides??

Your favourite ever St Johnstone memory and you haven't got the detail correct. It was nil nil when MacKay was sent off just after half time. Craig scored penalty in stoppage time to win it.

Your favourite ever St Johnstone memory and you haven't got the detail correct. It was nil nil when MacKay was sent off just after half time. Craig scored penalty in stoppage time to win it.

I never said we were one up when Mackay got sent off

We scored in the 93rd minute so hardly much time to defend valiantly!

Apologies as clearly read it wrong.

I honestly can't remember if it was 0-0 or 1-0 when he done it, I just remember we were in shitfesting mode so it was well received

If any of you Daintee Saintees wish to watch your defeat, ICT do a good stream for a fiver at http://ictfc.com/caleyjagstv

You have to register and pay. If you're outside the UK/Ireland if should be straightforward but if you're in the UK and using Google Chrome download this extension and it should work: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/free-proxy-to-unblock-any/bihmplhobchoageeokmgbdihknkjbknd?hl=en

According to WAP the team is..

Mannus

Smith - Shaughnessy - Scobbie - Easton

Alston - Paton - Craig - Coulson

Cummins - MacLean

Hoping Paton and Craig can get right in about Tansey today, he usually gets a raft of time on the ball and that allows ICT to pin us back

Archived