Worst sayings in Scottish Football

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Let's be honest.."

"If we're honest.."

"To be honest.."

"Well if I'm honest.."

So are you lying the rest of the time and make special concessions for a certain point?

Also the use of 'admit'/'admits' when used in reports, usually in reference to a player or manager who has said something (i.e. "Such and such player/manager has admitted/admits that <insert inane bullshit>). 

On 10/04/2017 at 19:50, Sick in the Basin said:

Anything with Ultras such as below.....

St Johnstone 'ultras' have their section shut down by the club

• BY: RECORD SPORT
  • 11:33, 7 APR 2017
JS112866127.jpg

The Perth side say they were forced to close the 'ultras' area of the ground after fan misbehaviour at a number of recent fixtures. 

The supporters group has gained plenty of publicity this season and have been widely praised for their improvement to the McDiarmid Park atmosphere.

The group have improved the atmosphere at McDiarmid Park this season by rustling an eclectic mix of Wether's Originals, Fishermans Friends and Barley Sugar sweetie wrappers at the same time.

JS112866586.jpg 
What I find particularly hilarious is that the St. Johnstone 'Ultras' are just a bunch of 3rd and 4th year school kids. As a teacher who worked in Perth until last year, I recognise many of my ex pupils in there and know for a fact that 2 of them are Rangers season ticket holders. EW FULL MOBILE PAGE

"This puts football in perspective"

No it fucking doesn't. Football is already in fucking perspective. It's a sport that a lot of us are passionate about especially our own clubs/nations. That's it. Gary Speed dying, the Dortmund thing the other day, bombs in Syria, etc. don't make it any more or less important. I didn't come away from listening to us getting humped by the Midden the other night thinking "Oh well... at least I'm not a 14 year old Afghan boy who been skelpt by a drone attack" and think better of it. Naw. I was ragin' but I got over it (kinda... fucking Paisley b*****ds)

If you need death or destruction to make you not think the world revolves around Cappielow/Starks Park/Parkhead/Hampden you are a fucking melter and all the hand wringing platitudes by wankers doesn't change that.

1 hour ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

What I find particularly hilarious is that the St. Johnstone 'Ultras' are just a bunch of 3rd and 4th year school kids. As a teacher who worked in Perth until last year, I recognise many of my ex pupils in there and know for a fact that 2 of them are Rangers season ticket holders. 

The only bit of earth shattering information here is that you are a teacher.

Just now, Mudder said:

I hate they way English commentators/players/managers say 'stood' and 'sat' instead of 'standing' and 'sitting'

"I was sat there and he was stood there"

:barf

Similarly with : " They play so-and-so IN THE WEEK". It's in midweek surely?

Archived