Worst sayings in Scottish Football

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, andrewh said:

Not a saying BUT Tam Cowan's constant use of a heavily emphasised BUT is very irritating to me

I noticed that too. More irritating for me is that he seems to be ashamed to pronounce 'out' as 'oot' in the traditional Scots way. He does a sort of hybrid 'öt' :lol:

But at least when something comes up which he doesn't know, Tam admits his ignorance whereas Cosgrove always tries to bluff it.

'Revealed'.
“Brendan Rodgers has revealed that Moussa Dembele could stay at Celtic for another two seasons”
Like he’s a fucking magician.

Hugh Keevins on Clyde SSB.
“It’s open season”
“Rangers are the length of Sauchiehall Street away from Celtic”

The horrendously unimaginative nicknames footballers give each other. I heard Barry Ferguson on a podcast talking about his old team mates, all of which ended in ‘y’.
“Boydy, Molsy, Burky, Naisy”

Who's this grangemouth bairn chap....? Making friends I see....

Hes the one who's constantly in this section telling everyone that Scottish football is shite and every team should just fold and hand Celtic the title every season.

A real powerhouse of the intellectual conversation

Hes the one who's constantly in this section telling everyone that Scottish football is shite and every team should just fold and hand Celtic the title every season.

A real powerhouse of the intellectual conversation

It's funny how some Falkirk fans seem to resent the league they can't get anywhere near so much, eh?

'Revealed'.
“Brendan Rodgers has revealed that Moussa Dembele could stay at Celtic for another two seasons”
Like he’s a fucking magician.

Hugh Keevins on Clyde SSB.
“It’s open season”
“Rangers are the length of Sauchiehall Street away from Celtic”

The horrendously unimaginative nicknames footballers give each other. I heard Barry Ferguson on a podcast talking about his old team mates, all of which ended in ‘y’.
“Boydy, Molsy, Burky, Naisy”

Kind of nicknames do you find your pals like???? :lol:

The nickname thing is just weird, and seems to be restricted only to footballers. Maybe it's just me, but I tend to call people by their first names, instead of shortening their surname to four letters and adding a -y or an -o suffix. If I was friends with Kris "Boydy" Boyd- thankfully I'm not- I imagine I'd just call him Kris.

The nickname thing is just weird, and seems to be restricted only to footballers. Maybe it's just me, but I tend to call people by their first names, instead of shortening their surname to four letters and adding a -y or an -o suffix. If I was friends with Kris "Boydy" Boyd- thankfully I'm not- I imagine I'd just call him Kris.

Or Fatboy.

I never ever use first names for mates with the exception of a few. Must be a #lad.

Archived