June 8th General Election

Mudder

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

... and yet Moray still votes for them.

Imbeciles.

There's quite wide support for reducing the military presence in this country.  Most people would be delighted if Trident was scrapped - I'd suggest scrapping the RAF completely wouldn't be an electoral disaster at all for anyone who proposed it.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any Scottish person that votes Tory is either very wealthy and voting in their own narrow interests at the cost of society or a moron that votes Tory against their own interests 'cos the Union must be preserved ' Im baffled and very disappointed by the Tory support in Scotland. 

Rural Scotland has always been conservative with a small c. There's still a large cap-doffing to the maister attitude in these areas.

The only positives I can take from the SNP's performance is gaining a majority of seats and losing Tasmina and Corri Wilson the chocolate fireguard of South Ayrshire politics, they really need to weed out the shite masquerading as polititions.

Good night overall for Labour. Pretty fucking delighted.

For all their faults, and inherent bigotry, the DUP seem to have much more reasonable stances on the Single Market and immigration than the Tories.

Hard Brexit is fucked. [emoji1]

Fucking Mundell on the radio this morning

Gary Robertson - "David, congratulations to you but what a disaster for Theresa May"

Fluffy - "But the SNP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!ONE" 

14 minutes ago, renton said:

Labour once had 41 seats up here, add the number of SNP and Labour MPs together and the Corbyn supporting bloc is anout the same.

Of the Tory supporting seats in Scotland, you've got a reversion to the mean in East Renfrewshire and a strong vote in the back of Brexit in the North East by a bunch of naive fishermen. You simply cannot deconvolve purely anti indy sentiment from pro Brexit sentiment or indeed support for May's actual policies. After all, Labour and the Lib Dems are unionists as well; the idiots didnt have to support the Tories.

I don't get it either. I can only surmise Scotland's left wing tendencies are overstated.  The second most baffling outcome is UKIP voters largely going to Labour.  

SNP have badly misjudged the appetite for another referendum. They're still the biggest party in Scotland and this is their second best ever result in a GE.. 2015 was near perfection for them so while disappointing, it's not an unsalvageable situation. 

Best course of action going forward right now is to take tonight on the chin and get back to showing up the Tories for the child eating goblins they are. 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I don't get it either. I can only surmise Scotland's left wing tendencies are overstated.  The second most baffling outcome is UKIP voters largely going to Labour.  

Perhaps, I guess it's about perspective. Self described left wing parties control 3 quarters of Scottish seats. That the Tories have had a signficant revival up here is withput a doubt, but they are still a minority at every level of Scottish governance, in contrast to England.

All this talk of a disaster for The Conservatives nationally. It wasn't the result we wanted clearly, but we are still comfortably the largest party.

For comparison purposes, the Tories lost 12 seats across the UK. The SNP lost 21 in Scotland.

Just now, Lex said:

All this talk of a disaster for The Conservatives nationally. It wasn't the result we wanted clearly, but we are still comfortably the largest party.

For comparison purposes, the Tories lost 12 seats across the UK. The SNP lost 21 in Scotland.

Desperate attempt. :lol:

Jo Swinson using her election speech to effectively thank tactical voters and have a go at Sturgeon obsessed [emoji23]

Good night for Labour, disappointing night for everyone else. Got to take that. Northern Ireland not so good. SDLP losing seats to Sinn Fein is bad for Labour.

Now I'm up I'm slightly regretting staying up till 4:30, but that was one of the most fascinating election nights I've possibly ever watched.

Archived