Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Were they not quite a bit off last time?

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

No, exit polls were spot on

The 2015 exit polls got the Scottish result pretty much bang on, I think ITV & BBC had different UK outcomes though (can't recall who was right or wrong).

The 2015 exit polls got the Scottish result pretty much bang on, I think ITV & BBC had different UK outcomes though (can't recall who was right or wrong).

I'm sure BBC/ITV/SKY use the exact same exit poll.

37 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think the polls that have the SNP dropping 10+ seats are wrong. I always think that as the incumbents they have the edge and not many of the seats are particularly marginal. I'd be amazed if they lost places like Moray. We will see of course, I have a terrible record at predictions.

From a P&B perspective, heavy SNP losses would be pretty funny, lots of heads gone potential. Same if they hold all their seats.

It's going to be like an old firm game from a neutral's perspective. 

You hope for an absolute hammering for one side or the other, with wild challenges, red cards and generally scenes all over the place, then you get a tedious uneventful low score bore with a lot of shouting but little excitement. 

3 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

where is this? in Perth?

ITV journalist said Tory hq is in bouyant mood daily mirror journalist asked a labour staffer if it'll be a hung parliament and he laughed in a non-laugh kind of way.

Were they not quite a bit off last time?

Not really... bang on nearly, even had busted flush on 8...
You gov did a phone poll which they released on election night after 10. This was not an exit poll and was miles off.
Proper exit poll which is the one announced at 10 will be more or less bang on

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I think the polls that have the SNP dropping 10+ seats are wrong. I always think that as the incumbents they have the edge and not many of the seats are particularly marginal. I'd be amazed if they lost places like Moray. We will see of course, I have a terrible record at predictions.

From a P&B perspective, heavy SNP losses would be pretty funny, lots of heads gone potential. Same if they hold all their seats.

I could understand why moray or Angus, maybe even Gordon could go because of the strength of the Leave vote. If they do, the story is a bit more than a redistribution of unionist votes from labour to Tories. Still think SNP will get 50 seats, maybe more.