Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I wonder which SNP policies are most popular with this demographic.

Depends where they sit on a socioeconomic scale. The only realistic way to make sure you don't pay for tuition fees in Scotland is to vote SNP, for example. 

I'll get excited when Yes is 50%+ without a share of the don't knows. Free money most people claiming not to have an opinion are shitebags who feel a bit embarrassed by recent news  but won't actually do anything about it. 

That being said, this is only going one way and with 16-18 yo's and EU nationals added, it's very possible that we've passed that threshold already.  

When there's a few polls showing a clear Yes lead there will be a massive swing pretty much over-night. Lots of rats abandoning ship when they realise that they've picked the wrong side. People vote for what they think will win.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Yip ending in work poverty, a council house building program, ending NHS privatisation, ending our participation in the war on Yemen, the Green New Deal, national investment bank and improved workers' rights = AIDS or Cancer.

None of those things are ever going to be achieved by your useless mumbleclown of a leader whether in government or not. Thanks for playing anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Yip ending in work poverty, a council house building program, ending NHS privatisation, ending our participation in the war on Yemen, the Green New Deal, national investment bank and improved workers' rights = AIDS or Cancer.

All this after a hard Brexit which has become the likely outcome with his obvious connivance? With the economic hit that's coming from that maintaining current levels of state expenditures and benefits will be very challenging.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

27 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You forgot "abolishing the House of Lords", a central plank of the Labour Manifesto since forever.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

The SNP have most of that already covered. We've had a hundred years of being lied to and let down by Labour. Nobody believes them anymore, and Corbyn will never win an election anyway.  So swivel.

26 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

SNP now gearing for a general election I believe.

A snap GE is almost inevitable I would think.

Look at BJ’s statements recently re. NHS etc. clear electioneering. Bring it on! 

Edited by Londonwell

6 hours ago, Londonwell said:

A snap GE is almost inevitable I would think.

Look at BJ’s statements recently re. NHS etc. clear electioneering. Bring it on! 

Correct, he's throwing vote catching money around like there's no tomorrow.

I based my info on a GE from what I heard from the SNP.

Edited by SandyCromarty

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Correct, he's throwing vote catching money around like there's no tomorrow.

None of it is new money.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-is-boris-johnson-really-giving-the-nhs-new-money

Verdict

Boris Johnson announced £1.8bn of “new money” for the NHS, but the word “new” is doing a lot of hard work here.

If the Nuffield Trust’s account is correct – and we’ve seen no evidence that the government disputes it – then £1bn of the funding is money that NHS providers effectively earned as a reward from making savings in other areas.

As the muted response to the announcement suggests, NHS trusts are pleased at being allowed to get £1bn more than they thought they might have got a week ago.

But the basic story is that the government has freed up this money by agreeing to stick to an earlier deal.

We need to remember the overall financial picture too. The Health Foundation says the NHS has built up a maintenance backlog of at least £6bn after years of real-terms cuts to capital budgets.

He's a useless, pathetic little shit.
Do none of the Dunfermline/Rosyth people who contribute to this forum remember when he was a barman at Cleos, Rosth?
He was totally useless - I can still recall him giving me change from a £10 note when I had handed over a £20 note.
Fraser Nelson once had a regular job!? In Rosyth? What town is he originally from?