Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

So whenever was Scotland ruled by Tories?   Will you try and answer?

No, I don't want to get in an idiotic discussion about the official titles of the Unionist Party or the Conservative Party or whatever brainless nitpick you think is a valid argument for the union.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

No, I don't want to get in an idiotic discussion about the official titles of the Unionist Party or the Conservative Party or whatever brainless nitpick you think is a valid argument for the union.

Why would I use  the Unionist Party as, "a valid argument for the union"?

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

Because you want to be able to say Scotland was never "ruled by the Tories" like a fucking idiot.

Well it never was.  You are, again,  missing the Q.  Again, Why would I use  the Unionist Party as, "a valid argument for the union"?.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well it never was.  You are, again,  missing the Q.  Again, Why would I use  the Unionist Party as, "a valid argument for the union"?.

That's it.  That's all you've got.  "Scotland was never ruled by the Tories, it was ruled by the Unionist Party" That's a case for the union right there according to you.

Edited by Baxter Parp

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You keep missing the Q.  One last time. Why would I use  the Unionist Party as, "a valid argument for the union"?.

I've told you, because you think pretending that the Tories (a nickname for the Conservative Party and the Unionist Party of 1955) never ruled Scotland proves something that shows the union with England is a valid institution.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I've told you, because you think pretending that the Tories (a nickname for the Conservative Party and the Unionist Party of 1955) never ruled Scotland proves something that shows the union with England is a valid institution.

Fuxake - that was hard work and took at least 20 posts to show your dull-witted, empty-headed ignorance.

The Unionist party in Scotland was named after the Union with Ireland in 1800.

A small triumph that, probably, only I will smile at.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Scotland doesn't vote either consistently or otherwise in a GE as there is no regional aggregation - just 650 constituencies with an MP each.  The 'Scotland doesn't get the govt it voted for' trope is a grievance manufactured by the tartan fetishists which a. misunderstands the nature of a GE and b. regards Scotland as a homogeneous political entity which it certainly isn't. 

But they are good at doing grievance.  Here's one I saw earlier

2041472854_foodracism.JPG.6dae6d3d2ece84f0d70db78c787d671c.JPG

That's the proposed new country - one based on a union flag on an egg box being food racism.  

Come on man, if someone dropped a classic 'WATP/FTP' type tweet into the Rangers thread to make a judgement of the Rangers support, you would (rightly) deride it as a vacuous way to make any sort of material argument. Don't be lazy.

I understand what a GE is thanks, but regardless of it being a GE or a referendum, Scotland's voice is consistently not heard when put in the UK context.