Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

25 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Does it break down what the non-SNP constituency seats are?

I'm desperate for Edinburgh West to not vote in a Lib Dem, being represented by that smug c**t Cole-Hamilton is just the worst.

6 years i've been here and not once have I spotted him around doing anything of note. Instead he spends all day on twitter making snarky remarks towards SNP supporters.

The SNP probably aren't far off where I am on the political spectrum. I still think it would be a bit of a shame for the Greens to lose any influence. An SNP Government that occasionally has to look a bit to their left is a good balance for my taste.

The contrarian in me would enjoy another majority though. SNPeeeeeeak.

Reckon Labour will improve in Scotland (Whether or not that translates to even a single seat gain, I don't know) as the media already seem to be right behind Keir Starmer and his 'owning' of Boris Johnson purely because he asks him simple questions and tries to be his pal.

Id stick money on one of the borders seats, ayr, east ren or edinburgh somewhere.

No way will they keep Edinburgh Central. Ruth Davidson only got 30% of the vote here when she was party leader. Angus Robertson and Joanna Cherry are both trying to get the SNP nomination.

The biggest Tory Majority is Ettrick, Roxburgh and Berwickshire which John Lamont took by 7,700. He left for Westminster and then Rachel Hamilton increased the majority to 8,300

So if they’re projected to only hold one seat it will be that one

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Reckon Labour will improve in Scotland (Whether or not that translates to even a single seat gain, I don't know) as the media already seem to be right behind Keir Starmer and his 'owning' of Boris Johnson purely because he asks him simple questions and tries to be his pal.

If Labour improve (wouldn't be hard) then it's goodnight for a whole cadre of Scottish Tories

Not that it should matter but Alistair Jack said they'd only entertain another independence vote if the SNP got an outright majority at Holyrood. Cynical, disrespectful of the Greens & their voters and they'll just claim amnesia when the SNP do it anyway.

Yeah, but say 30% of the snp list vote went to the greens, would that mean more list seats for each party or is that impacted by the constituency seats? Could be interesting.
The tories once said ‘all it takes for independence is a majority of snp mp’s at Westminster’, their position shifts to suit their mewling staunchness.
Id consider supporting a ‘wildcard’ indyref2 should it be denied by WM in the event of those sort of numbers being returned to holyrood.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It's a political party that used to dominate Scottish politics, but that's not important right now..

I just wasnt sure how the answer fitted my question tbh. 

Yeah, I think there is a fallacy (understandable in London metropolitan Unionists who genuinely cant fathom why anyone would live up here, let alone assert different priorities) that Scottish voters can't make a difference between Holyrood and WM elections. Starmer could be the literal reincarnation of Marx and he wouldn't put a dent either way in Scottish Labour numbers. People understand they are voting for Richard Leonard, not Keir Starmer and will respond appropriately.

The Tories under Colonel Cosplay had a dim and crude understanding of this effect, and tried to build a distinctive voter base up here with their own priorities that did not look much like your typical Shire Tory. Ironic from the most arch Unionists to say the least, but that has now ebbed away under Jackson Used Carlot

Edited by renton

16 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

Jackie Baillie's in charge of list selection and electoral strategy I'm tempted to put money on Labour to drop into the single digits.

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Not that it should matter but Alistair Jack said they'd only entertain another independence vote if the SNP got an outright majority at Holyrood. Cynical, disrespectful of the Greens & their voters and they'll just claim amnesia when the SNP do it anyway.

It's only because they know it's more difficult for the SNP to get an outright majority and, aye, if they do it'll be dingied. I genuinely have no idea how we're even supposed to get a referendum as it stands.

6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Jackie Baillie's in charge of list selection and electoral strategy I'm tempted to put money on Labour to drop into the single digits.

It's only because they know it's more difficult for the SNP to get an outright majority and, aye, if they do it'll be dingied. I genuinely have no idea how we're even supposed to get a referendum as it stands.

I would put money on it if I was a betting man. 

A Leonard and Baillie Labour leadership team for the 2021 elections are the stuff of  dreams ...