Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

Is it not normal that men are more likely to support independence than women? I'm sure I remember a lot of talk about women being more cautious about change, wanting stability for their family, etc (as dodgy as that sounds).

I think it was the American comedienne, Roseanne, who once said :

"Men are amazing, they invented things like cars and aircraft, and even managed to get to the moon and back. How come, when it comes to Christmas, they're completely fucking useless?"

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I think it was the American comedienne, Roseanne, who once said :

"Men are amazing, they invented things like cars and aircraft, and even managed to get to the moon and back. How come, when it comes to Christmas, they're completely fucking useless?"

Ah, Roseanne - back in the days before she became whatever the f**k this is:

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yeah, went completely mad, then became a Trump supporter!

I’m glad to see no one lost their jobs as a result of her racism and that the superb John Goodman has continued on in “The Conners”: “Roseanne” without the hideous and unpredictable Roseanne in it!

11 hours ago, Lurkst said:

It's not new, she's done it before. 

Labour having been dragging some poor bereaved family or a puppy with a sore paw into Holyrood so they can point and whinge at them in the gallery because Nicola hasn't abolished sad things for years. It's fucking horrible, infantile politics.

Great polling news though  

Guest Bob Mahelp
40 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Labour having been dragging some poor bereaved family or a puppy with a sore paw into Holyrood so they can point and whinge at them in the gallery because Nicola hasn't abolished sad things for years. It's fucking horrible, infantile politics.

It's standard red and blue Tory party policy to cherry pick some tragic individual event and try desperately to pin the blame personally on Nicola Sturgeon. 

I read somewhere that senior clinicians at the QEUH have written complaining that the antics of the Tories and Labour do not reflect the reality of the generally outstanding work that is done there. 

It's the tiny minded world of Scottish politics, isn't it. I'd love to see and hear about Johnson being personally blamed any time an ambulance in England turns up late, or someone has to wait in intensive care. 

50 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

A quick Google shows it’s standard Baillie fare, designed to get headlines: “Jackie Baillie in tears as she questions Nicola Sturgeon over hotel fire”; “Jackie Baillie breaks down in emotional plea”; “Jackie Baillie fights back tears as she urges sacking…”.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Jackie Baillie has ever been moved emotionally by anything not smothered in ketchup. It’s a swizz.

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's the tiny minded world of Scottish politics, isn't it. I'd love to see and hear about Johnson being personally blamed any time an ambulance in England turns up late, or someone has to wait in intensive care. 

Very good point, but remember he got Brexit done.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's standard red and blue Tory party policy to cherry pick some tragic individual event and try desperately to pin the blame personally on Nicola Sturgeon. 

I read somewhere that senior clinicians at the QEUH have written complaining that the antics of the Tories and Labour do not reflect the reality of the generally outstanding work that is done there. 

The state of politics in Westminster and the attitudes on a worryingly large proportion of the electorate in England lead me to believe that Boris could PUT someone in intensive care and the media wouldn't give a toss. 

23 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The state of politics in Westminster and the attitudes on a worryingly large proportion of the electorate in England lead me to believe that Boris could PUT someone in intensive care and the media wouldn't give a toss. 

Very true, but in part that comes about because there is no alternative for them. If there was someone even remotely electable on the other side, the raging clusterfcuk that is Johnson would be getting hammered from all sides.

Best thing (if you are an independence supporter) long term for Scotland is that Johnson stays in place as up here we have alternatives in both the SNP and increasingly in Labour. The more that disconnect remains, the more fragile the union becomes.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

and yet this is exactly what Labour have done in the last few minutes at FMQ's in Holyrood.  Nicola was on fire though and it seems both Anas and Dross picked the wrong day to rile her with the usual shite

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I've seen Sturgeon getting blamed for SSE taking a week to get people's electricity back on in their homes.  It seems anything with the word 'Scot' in it is either her's or the SG's responsibility/fault.

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Mind Trump's quote about how he could shoot someone on the street in New York and still not lose?

Turned out not to be true, mind. Although maybe it would've helped?

14 hours ago, Antlion said:

I’m glad to see no one lost their jobs as a result of her racism and that the superb John Goodman has continued on in “The Conners”: “Roseanne” without the hideous and unpredictable Roseanne in it!

I knew they'd decided to continue Roseanne without her, but just assumed it'd be cancelled after one season. Impressive that it's still going.

Nice that John Goodman's got the weight under control. Hopefully we get to keep him a bit longer as a result.

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Mind Trump's quote about how he could shoot someone on the street in New York and still not lose?

Turned out not to be true, mind. Although maybe it would've helped?

There's only one person that I could stand seeing Trump shoot in New York, but he is such an eejit, he'd probably miss his own head. 

(Edit... Ok, I suppose I should state the blindingly obvious that no, I'm not advocating for suicide or gun violence, but it was an irritating Trumpy self-glorifying piece of rhetoric that Trump used and what's even more worrying, he has such a high opinion of himself, he probably believed it.) 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I've seen Sturgeon getting blamed for SSE taking a week to get people's electricity back on in their homes.  It seems anything with the word 'Scot' in it is either her's or the SG's responsibility/fault.

Best one I've heard about that is how she should be on tv having a press conference telling the folk that have no power what's happening with it......there maybe a slight flaw