Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Did you consider asking to swap sides, ya bigots?

Directly back in your boxes please.

the creation of a neutral area to best accommodate supporters through the ‘football family’

:barf

I hope Aberdeen only sell half their allocation and then refuse to return the excess.

Only sell half but pay for their full allocation, don't think you've thought that one through.

25 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I hope Aberdeen only sell half their allocation and then refuse to return the excess.

Been made to pay for the allocation in advance, so returns would be unlikely. Well done, Reds.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Aberdeen fans actually think us having another end of the stadium will somehow make up for their team generally being shite at football.

I think that the point here is that in their statement, Celtic said that they have done everything possible to get a fair share of the tickets for their fans. But that is obviously not true, because they haven't asked to get the slightly larger West End of the stadium for their support. So they haven't done everything possible.

Speaking to one of the boys who runs buses from up the road - interest in this one is unprecedendent, folk who haven't been to games for a good while up for it and keen to enjoy the day out.

Looking forward to selling our end out with ease.

25 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Speaking to one of the boys who runs buses from up the road - interest in this one is unprecedendent, folk who haven't been to games for a good while up for it and keen to enjoy the day out.

Looking forward to selling our end out with ease.

Aye, being in the cup final will most certainly bring out the supporters, they are usually called glory hunters if they support the two arse cheeks but I'm sure the Aberdeen support aren't like that at all. :whistle

More fans, better atmosphere imo, I hope the stadium is packed oot to the rafters. Lots of goals, plenty of action and not a one sided affair, then extra time and then the dreaded penalty shoot out because my fingernails need a trimming.

15 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Aye, being in the cup final will most certainly bring out the supporters, they are usually called glory hunters if they support the two arse cheeks but I'm sure the Aberdeen support aren't like that at all. :whistle

More fans, better atmosphere imo, I hope the stadium is packed oot to the rafters. Lots of goals, plenty of action and not a one sided affair, then extra time and then the dreaded penalty shoot out because my fingernails need a trimming.

In fairness to Celtic fans, I'm not sure you can be labeled a "glory hunter" when you can't even be arsed attending Parkhead for 4 years despite them still winning the League title.....

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

In fairness to Celtic fans, I'm not sure you can be labeled a "glory hunter" when you can't even be arsed attending Parkhead for 4 years despite them still winning the League title.....

That'll be the bigots then you are posting about, their reason for living goading the **** at the games was taken away from them. Quite sad really.

1 minute ago, hellbhoy said:

That'll be the bigots then you are posting about, their reason for living goading the **** at the games was taken away from them. Quite sad really.

In all seriousness I don't necessarily put it down to bigotry (even though some might be) but rivalry. Football is historically built on local rivalry and Celtic are no different. Whilst I don't agree that Celtic need a Rangers* to survive I think they need them to prosper as we've seen by their resurgent attendances this season. Appointing Rodgers simply cranked the support up from 10 to 11!

I think that the point here is that in their statement, Celtic said that they have done everything possible to get a fair share of the tickets for their fans. But that is obviously not true, because they haven't asked to get the slightly larger West End of the stadium for their support. So they haven't done everything possible.

That's right, I'm Sure the Aberdeen fans would love the chance to swap ends.

Just now, Romeo said:

That's right, I'm Sure the Aberdeen fans would love the chance to swap ends.

If it stops the ridiculous situation where 2 teams have their own ends in a supposedly neutral ground I'd be more than happy.

Archived