Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

Just now, sjc said:

In all seriousness I don't necessarily put it down to bigotry (even though some might be) but rivalry. Football is historically built on local rivalry and Celtic are no different. Whilst I don't agree that Celtic need a Rangers* to survive I think they need them to prosper as we've seen by their resurgent attendances this season. Appointing Rodgers simply cranked the support up from 10 to 11!

Imo, Aberdeen should be considered our main rivals. They have been the only club to push us in recent years. This season Aberdeen are on course to exceed their points accumulation from last season but many feel that they haven't been as good as last season. The only difference this season is that Brendan Rodgers has managed to lose less points than Ronny Rocket last season. I think it is only fitting that the two best teams in Scotland fight it out for the Scottish Cup.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Suspect Device said:

If it stops the ridiculous situation where 2 teams have their own ends in a supposedly neutral ground I'd be more than happy.

Excellent point there SD. :lol:

If it stops the ridiculous situation where 2 teams have their own ends in a supposedly neutral ground I'd be more than happy.

But then we'd have more tickets than you and that also upsets the Aberdeen fans.

3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Imo, Aberdeen should be considered our main rivals. They have been the only club to push us in recent years. This season Aberdeen are on course to exceed their points accumulation from last season but many feel that they haven't been as good as last season. The only difference this season is that Brendan Rodgers has managed to lose less points than Ronny Rocket last season. I think it is only fitting that the two best teams in Scotland fight it out for the Scottish Cup.

Agree that the Dons are your main title rivals and that it's fitting that it's a Celtic v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Final but Rangers* (extinct or b*****d offspring version) will always be your local rivals. Why else would your support happily pay £50 for a ticket?

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

But then we'd have more tickets than you and that also upsets the Aberdeen fans.

The SFA must have taken the easy decision, less Celtic supporters at the game = less social unrest, trouble and arrests at the game. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I doubt the Dons would be upset over 700 tickets. It represents less than 1.35% of the capacity.

Just now, sjc said:

Agree that the Dons are your main title rivals and that it's fitting that it's a Celtic v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Final but Rangers* (extinct or b*****d offspring version) will always be your local rivals. Why else would your support happily pay £50 for a ticket?

I used to work in Ibrox during the 9 in a row era, top left corner on the TV. I couldn't watch or shouldn't watch the game and had to face the fans whilst collecting refuse from the sidelines. Let me assure you that for 90 minutes for some arseholes it was goading the opposition, they basically went to the match just to stick up their fingers and shout bile and abuse at each other and the game came a distant second at times. Paid to watch 90 minutes of football and spent 90 minutes being a fanny goading the other fans. :blink:

8 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

:lol: Sorry SJC for laughing there, it's supposed to be a neutral venue anaw.

True. 

Its actually a repeat of my 1st ever Cup Final. 1984!

so I'll go for 2-1 to the Dons AET with goals from Black & McGhee. Roy Aitken to be sent off!

Sportsound read out SFA statement... As expected it confirms differential is due to Celtic wanting their "own" end which has slightly fewer seats, plus more comps etc. from clubs and leagues wanting Celtic tickets than Aberdeen tickets.

Thus if there wasn't this strange commitment to the national stadium having dedicated ends for 2 clubs, and if those comps could be put with each other into a neutrals block without the risk of trouble, there would be no problem...

Also it's only 700 tickets fewer for them to sell (which is itself only 1.3% difference). There will be almost no difference once those comps are considered - and they'll probably be ahead once sponsors and debentures are factored-in.

Total non-story and/or misleading.

51 minutes ago, babu said:

The Don's have as much chance of winning this as Queen's Park getting to the FA cup final.

That sounds very clever, but not true. If it was true the bookies would refuse to take any bets on this match.

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

Am I the only one who never knew there was a 'Celtic' end and a 'Rangers' end? I've obviously never paid that much attention.

I presume a lot of Aberdeen supporters don't know that - based on the fact that for the League Cup final lots of them were getting the train to Kings Park rather than Mount Florida, whereas you'd never find a *** doing that.

I think it would be quite easy to argue both sides of this. I tend to side with the Aberdeen POV and I think I would even if I didn't get a debenture ticket as a favour. But I can see why someone less sanguine than me might be a bit miffed at going to 30+ games in a season and losing out to 700 day trippers.

That's what you get for supporting a well-supported and successful team though I suppose. Plus the we'll have far more opportunities to attend cup finals compared with Aberdeen, even though they will likely be Scottish football's second force for the foreseeable future.

Archived