Heart of Midlothian vs Partick Thistle

We should be hoovering up Boyce and/or Moult in the summer.

Seen these two mentioned by Hearts fans constantly, and genuinely no idea why they think they could afford either

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seen these two mentioned by Hearts fans constantly, and genuinely no idea why they think they could afford either

How much are they?

1 hour ago, archie guevara said:

I think Archie's comments are spot on. That happens ten times and five are given as a penalty. It's just one of these things. 

Pretty much, although I'd say it's closer to one in ten for being given tbh. Very, very harsh.

One of the things which also just sprang to mind was Goodwin's handball against us for St Mirren when they were still in the top flight where he more or less pulled off a fantastic reaction save to clear the ball to safety... no pen given. Or Lustig flailing his arms about awkwardly at Firhill and his arm making contact with the ball after being caught flat-footed under a cross... no pen given. There'll be examples where we've got away with it too but it's indicative of how piss-poor our refs can be at getting what should be basic decisions right.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because they play for mickey mouse clubs in front of about 2,000 fans each week for less money than they'd get at Hearts, along with usage of fantastic facilities, playing at one of the best grounds in the country, and living in Edinburgh.

Yeah: a real mind bender, m8.

Because they play for mickey mouse clubs in front of about 2,000 fans each week for less money than they'd get at Hearts, along with usage of fantastic facilities, playing at one of the best grounds in the country, and living in Edinburgh.

I don't think it's the wages or draw of the club and you know that. What with the new stand and the substantial payout Cathro will take. Hearts couldn't afford half a million on a player even if they wanted to.

10 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

We pissed £250k away on a pitch being relaid, I'm fairly certain we could somehow scratch down the back of the sofa for similar for one of these lads.

We also spent £250k on Goncalves and are due over a million in compensation for Paterson, Nicholson and McGhee so if the right player was available I think we'd spend cash.  

On 2017-4-30 at 16:10, Tony Wonder said:

Defensively we were an absolute horror show and Hamilton done well on a few occasions.  4th looks like it's gone, big summer window ahead for us.

I've only seen the highlights but I'm not sure about Hamilton at Partick's second goal. It was described in the commentary as a great finish but I'm not too sure about that. Maybe I'm just looking for ammunition.

15 minutes ago, Darren said:

I've only seen the highlights but I'm not sure about Hamilton at Partick's second goal. It was described in the commentary as a great finish but I'm not too sure about that. Maybe I'm just looking for ammunition.

Think you're being pretty harsh there.  Maybe he could've been slightly bigger but the boy took it well, wouldn't class it as an error.

Just watched the highlights now. Can't believe the ref gave that as a pen and a second yellow. Be furious if that was against us. Hamilton not at fault for the second for me, and made a good save at 1-0. Missed a lot of good chances, would say on another day we'd take them but we never actually seem to have that day...

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Very harsh. It was just an excellent finish. He saved Erskine's one-on-one which he had no right to.

He was absolutely outstanding against us in the first game at Tynecastle as well.

I think Hamilton's a decent keeper (no Tomas Cerny, but that's a high standard to hold anyone to). He has a tendency to come out pretty quickly which I think cost him on that goal, it makes up Lawless's mind for him. If Hamilton stays on his line, Lawless is running away from goal on his right foot, he would struggle to get the power to beat Hamilton from there, but as soon as Hamilton comes out he makes up his mind for him. Still a very decent finish from Lawless, but think it's one Hamilton can learn from. 

15 hours ago, Elixir said:

Yeah it's a real mind bender that anyone would choose to live in Edinburgh.

How much are they?

More than £300k, which seems to be Hearts limit.

The bigger problem is both are coveted by English teams with more money than you, like MK Dons, Rotherham and Bolton.

Archived