Unusual Candidates In Your Area

• 4 weeks later...

I see the Renew Party ran a sole candidate in Scotland in Edinburgh North and Leith.  She got 138 votes.

The Scottish Libertarian Party ran a sole candidate in Kilmarnock and Loudoun.  She got 405 votes.

In Ross, Skye and Lochaber, the Scottish Christian Party got 460 votes.  They didn't come last though.  The Scottish Family Party came last with 266.

Highlanders hate families

I see the Renew Party ran a sole candidate in Scotland in Edinburgh North and Leith.  She got 138 votes.
The Scottish Libertarian Party ran a sole candidate in Kilmarnock and Loudoun.  She got 405 votes.
In Ross, Skye and Lochaber, the Scottish Christian Party got 460 votes.  They didn't come last though.  The Scottish Family Party came last with 266.

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

The Renew Party had enough cash to fund a billboard with their candidate on it near to Ocean Terminal. 

138 votes- the power of advertising eh? 

• 11 months later...

Looking ahead to the next Scottish Parliament elections there, there's been a few new parties registered recently (not Galloway's Alliance yet though!).  One of whom is Scotia Future - they're pro-independence for a federal Scotland outside the EU with a deal resembling that of Switzerland.  They've a former SNP MSP and current independent councillor running them.

The Global Republic Party - Can't find anything on them.

As mentioned in the other thread The Burning Pink Party have registered a Scottish branch so I assume they'll be running in May - they seem to be a party version of Extinction Rebellion.  There's also a Black Lives Matter Scotland Party registered but all I could find on them was that the official BLM claim that they aren't behind the registration. 

Edited by Highland Capital

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The Brexit Party have rebranded as the Reform UK party and currently independent MSP for South Scotland MIchelle Bannatyne has been named as their Scottish leader.

Wonder if they’ll incorporate her “poor people shouldn’t breed” stance into party policy.

• 5 weeks later...

I see UKIP are still a thing and are registering the description of 'No to the SNP' and 'Get rid of Holyrood' on the ballot.  Two vote winners I sure. 

I see the Scotland Independence Referendum Party, Action for Independence and the Yes To Independence Party have both been registered as has the Alba Party but I'm not sure what their view on independence is (probably in favour).

Edited by Highland Capital

14 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I see UKIP are still a thing and are registering the description of 'No to the SNP' and 'Get rid of Holyrood' on the ballot.  Two vote winners I sure. 

I see the Scotland Independence Referendum Party, Action for Independence and the Yes To Independence Party have both been registered as has the Alba Party but I'm not sure what their view on independence is (probably in favour).

Being paranoid :1eye you might say such parties are a Unionist front to take away SNP votes.

I remember there was a party stood in a strong Lib Dem area that called themselves the Literal Democrats and the Lib Dems were not particularly pleased about that one 

Now, where's my registration for the Scottish Conservation and Unions Party...

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Being paranoid :1eye you might say such parties are a Unionist front to take away SNP votes.

I remember there was a party stood in a strong Lib Dem area that called themselves the Literal Democrats and the Lib Dems were not particularly pleased about that one 

Now, where's my registration for the Scottish Conservation and Unions Party...

With enough effort and treats for good boys, I think the Scottish Labrador Party could genuinely supplant Scottish Labour by 2026.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Apparently former Queen of the South player Ross Forsyth is standing for Action for Independence.

Out of interest, does anyone know any of AFI’s other policies? Like, I’ve looked at their website and can’t see a thing other than independence.  Are they just a rebrand of those ISP nutters?

I’ve got no intention of voting for them anyway, but just wondered if they have anything approaching an ideology.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Out of interest, does anyone know any of AFI’s other policies? Like, I’ve looked at their website and can’t see a thing other than independence.  Are they just a rebrand of those ISP nutters?

I’ve got no intention of voting for them anyway, but just wondered if they have anything approaching an ideology.

From what I understand they're a coalition of the SSP, Solidarity and few others including a former Respect Party chair, a QOTS defender and Craig Murray who has just been found guilty of contempt of court.  Solidarity did better than RISE in 2016 despite having a much lower profile so it'll be interesting to see if they get close anywhere (probably not).

So a different branch of nutters but largely nutters nonetheless.

I think all the candidates for the election have been announced now.  I'm sure there will be banter candidates all over the shop and I've spotted that Donald Boyd, the perennial Scottish Christian Party nutter is on the H&I list for Galloway's band of losers.

https://www.highland.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/23513/handi_regional_-_sp_notice_of_poll.pdf