Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Would I have supported the election, no, but he’s got his majority, hes making an arse of it, its worked out ok, I dont think he’ll continue to say no and I think the non mouth breathing snp plan is going to be effective. 
Right so you’re obviously into your politics, you’re no doubt angry about brexit, but most of the population won’t sustain that anger into a polling booth. They’ll unfortunately get tired if (even if they are right) they keep hearing the same things, it puts them off. However in the period between March and the election, thats the time to drum all the mad shit the tories have done, keep your powder dry approach. 

So you agree that it was a strategic mistake to support the election? Do you also agree that the SNP leadership made loud noises about how ‘Scotland would not be dragged out of the EU against its will’, then proceeded to... well, you know what happened, eh?

Glad you think it’s ‘worked out ok’; last time I looked, both Scotland and the UK were no longer members of the EU, there’s a draft Internal Markets Bill on the way, and the SNP leadership have given Johnson and whoever his immediate successor might be a veto over a referendum. Remind me how that’s ‘ok’?

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just for clarity, yes that’s absolutely what im saying. Its borderline Qanon. 

I have to say, quite seriously, I find that utterly depressing. I’m not going to rehearse what’s already been said in other posts, but it’s no longer credible just to turn a blind eye to what is happening. There’s already enough evidence in the public domain; go find it and read it, rather than just reach for the comfort blanket of ‘conspiracy’.

Otherwise, you’re just buying what the right have been selling, with great success, for decades.

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

So you agree that it was a strategic mistake to support the election? Do you also agree that the SNP leadership made loud noises about how ‘Scotland would not be dragged out of the EU against its will’, then proceeded to... well, you know what happened, eh?

Glad you think it’s ‘worked out ok’; last time I looked, both Scotland and the UK were no longer members of the EU, there’s a draft Internal Markets Bill on the way, and the SNP leadership have given Johnson and whoever his immediate successor might be a veto over a referendum. Remind me how that’s ‘ok’?

I have to say, quite seriously, I find that utterly depressing. I’m not going to rehearse what’s already been said in other posts, but it’s no longer credible just to turn a blind eye to what is happening. There’s already enough evidence in the public domain; go find it and read it, rather than just reach for the comfort blanket of ‘conspiracy’.

Otherwise, you’re just buying what the right have been selling, with great success, for decades.

sorry but i find the idea that Nicola Sturgeon is somehow part of a false flag conspiracy operation to somehow hurt Alex Salmonds reputation for no reason to be comparable to fantasies about the Clintons running a sex ring out of a pizza shop. All thats missing is basing this out of a chip shop in Fountainbridge and we could rebrand it Scot-anon. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

sorry but i find the idea that Nicola Sturgeon is somehow part of a false flag conspiracy operation to somehow hurt Alex Salmonds reputation for no reason to be comparable to fantasies about the Clintons running a sex ring out of a pizza shop. All thats missing is basing this put of a chip shop in Fountainbridge and we could rebrand it Scot-anon. 

Ok, don’t answer the questions about strategy...

... then just repeat that you believe (because you want to believe) that it’s all a daft conspiracy.

Then why not debase the substance of what is actually being alleged by ridiculously comparing it to something ridiculous? It’s all the same, after all, eh? Nothing’s really real.

Sturgeon either participated in or turned a blind eye to a criminal conspiracy to jail Salmond. She’s politically compromised beyond repair. The sooner independence supporters accept that, the sooner we’ll get over the damage it’s going to cause.

Talking of conspiracy theories, I wonder if it's entirely a coincidence that all this nonsense is hitting a crescendo in the lead up to the election, with support for independence never higher and with a sustained lead in the polls.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Ok, don’t answer the questions about strategy...

... then just repeat that you believe (because you want to believe) that it’s all a daft conspiracy.

Then why not debase the substance of what is actually being alleged by ridiculously comparing it to something ridiculous? It’s all the same, after all, eh? Nothing’s really real.

Sturgeon either participated in or turned a blind eye to a criminal conspiracy to jail Salmond. She’s politically compromised beyond repair. The sooner independence supporters accept that, the sooner we’ll get over the damage it’s going to cause.

Staggeringly the majority of the electorate besides the tories and scot-anon ba’athists disagree. 
It absolutey is a notion of madness, there is no conspiracy, id argue that a trained lawyer could craft a far more credible ‘conspiracy’ than Salmond being a sex pest. 

Staggeringly the majority of the electorate besides the tories and scot-anon ba’athists disagree. 
It absolutey is a notion of madness, there is no conspiracy, id argue that a trained lawyer could craft a far more credible ‘conspiracy’ than Salmond being a sex pest. 

The majority of the electorate just don’t know yet.

They will soon.

What do you suggest we do then?

The SNP loyalists reaction to the increasing amount of evidence that Salmond was set up is very similar to the reaction to the leaked Labour report that showed sabotage and racism from Blairite staffers. 

Just a complete refusal to engage with any facts that are inconvenient or uncomfortable.   

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

By the way, you’re very confident in the ability of ‘trained lawyers’. Here’s one: https://gordondangerfield.com/

James Wolffe, the Lord Advocate, is also a highly trained lawyer. It’s a shame he’s also head of the Prosecution service _and_ a member of Sturgeon’s cabinet. His legal training has led him to see no conflict of interest in this arrangement, to obstruct the release of information to the ongoing Holyrood inquiry, and to authorise malicious prosecutions against at least two supporters of Salmond.

That’s not a conspiracy theory, btw: just a factual description of a situation that would be unacceptable in any European country (ok, maybe not Hungary...).

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

By the way, you’re very confident in the ability of ‘trained lawyers’. Here’s one: https://gordondangerfield.com/

James Wolffe, the Lord Advocate, is also a highly trained lawyer. It’s a shame he’s also head of the Prosecution service _and_ a member of Sturgeon’s cabinet. His legal training has led him to see no conflict of interest in this arrangement, to obstruct the release of information to the ongoing Holyrood inquiry, and to authorise malicious prosecutions against at least two supporters of Salmond.

That’s not a conspiracy theory, btw: just a factual description of a situation that would be unacceptable in any European country (ok, maybe not Hungary...).

The same Gordon Dangerfield who couldnt even get a win in a complaint to the ipso? No i dont think i’ll waste my time. But there is quite an interesting link, Salmond a RT operative taking the Kremlin’s money and Tommy Sheridan another Kremlin mouthpiece’s lawyer? 
Im just not interested in entertaining the lunatic fringes of the scot-anon ranks any further. 

The same Gordon Dangerfield who couldnt even get a win in a complaint to the ipso? No i dont think i’ll waste my time. But there is quite an interesting link, Salmond a RT operative taking the Kremlin’s money and Tommy Sheridan another Kremlin mouthpiece’s lawyer? 
Im just not interested in entertaining the lunatic fringes of the scot-anon ranks any further. 

And it’s goodbye from me.

Thanks for confirming you’re not actually interested in facts and evidence.

Interesting, tho, that you deplore conspiracy theories, but appear to like that language... ‘operative’, ‘mouthpiece’, ‘they’re a’ workin fur the Kremlin’...

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Why do you take Stuart Campbell’s word as gospel on this? Pretty certain someone posted earlier that the treasurer already responded that it’s utter nonsense.

FWIW, I haven’t read any of it, because I don’t give a f**k about the finances of the SNP, 

I don’t take his word for gospel.

He has, however, sent a very clear letter to the NEWLY appointed Treasurer asking for the necessary information.

No doubt the matter will be cleared up in due course.

Patience.

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Also. Is he not the guy who’s costing us £20mn plus in the wrongful prosecution of the Rangers administrators?

He should be fired!!

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Also. Is he not the guy who’s costing us £20mn plus in the wrongful prosecution of the Rangers administrators?

He should be fired!!

James Wolffe is a uniquely talented individual, who has managed to do what no human being in history has ever done before... somehow turn The Rangers* into the good guys...

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

and guarantee ‘international recognition’... another complete red herring you’ve bought from the Unionist propaganda machine because you ‘think’ so much.

Do you think we can become independent and prosperous without international recognition?

Also re the election of Boris. I get it. I think it's a bit of a catch-22 because a Corbyn minority government makes holding a referendum far easier given the willingness of the leadership then to concede one but arguably it becomes more difficult to take a consistent polling majority with you. Boris's win secures an indy majority pretty much permanent but correspondingly it becomes more difficult to hold a referemdum. 

What do you think Sturgeon should've done?

35 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The SNP loyalists reaction to the increasing amount of evidence that Salmond was set up is very similar to the reaction to the leaked Labour report that showed sabotage and racism from Blairite staffers. 

Just a complete refusal to engage with any facts that are inconvenient or uncomfortable.   

This is obviously true unfortunately. Also true there has been a campaign to write Salmond out of SNP history since pretty much the day NS took office, followed by a conspiracy to jail him.

Any objective reading of the facts couldn't fail to come to this conclusion. The only thing we don't know is why.

Topically enough this came up today

That's the SNP themselves writing that, the 2014 referendum campaign was 'spearheaded by the then Deputy Leader Nicola Sturgeon'.

Now we were all alive then and interested in Scottish politics. Everybody knows that isn't true, and is a blatant attempt to rewrite history and write Salmond out of SNP history, conducted by the SNP themselves, unquestionably with the approval of Nicola Sturgeon.

So we know this stuff is going on and has gone on, and people who refuse to accept it are just practicing cognitive dissonance.  As I said the only thing we don't know is why.  Maybe that will emerge in future.