Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

If you actually read between the lines, there is a lot of information from CYG posts. 
I don't believe he is spamming at all, quite the opposite.  I said before, if people don't agree then they can make that choice.  Otherwise get off his back. 
He is.

It's cut and paste at its worst.

2 hours ago, HTG said:

This pish feels like it's been running for the last 100 pages. Bottom line - if Sturgeon doesn't lead the SNP into the next election and through an indy referendum, it'll be lost because she has been the catalyst for turning the polls round. If Salmond, Cherry or any of the rest of them decide that now is a good time to try and nail her and in so doing cost Scotland the chance of breaking from this union they'll have some fucking legacy. Primarily that legacy will be that they fucked it for millions of us. 

I agree, apart from the premise that this is a one-way process against Sturgeon from an opposing faction: Sturgeon and her allies have been bruising their way into this fight as well. 

The onus is on an adult in the room to knock all of their heads together and remind them that this is about the future of the citizens of Scotland and not their own personal political ambition.

The problem is she may well be compromised.
You have to susoect there is a reason the Yoon press are currently her best pal and have no went to town on issues that we all know are festering away.
I suspect the reason is that they are keeping their powder dry.
For May.....or worse.....for indyref2.

Yoon press are currently her best pal?

In which fucking alternate reality is this?

Amazing how stupid someone would have to be to think Sturgeon has been the catalyst for the shift in the polls.
Helllllooooooo Brexit and Boris Johnson.  If it was Sturgeon the polls wouldn't have remained completely static for the first FIVE YEARS of her premiership.  The polls have shifted since Brexit became a reality and Boris took office.  They are obviously the reasons, as well as the inevitable demographic changes.
Women have shifted because of Sturgeon you fucking zoomer

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Yoon press are currently her best pal?

In which fucking alternate reality is this?

You have watched the Scottish press fir as long as I have.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
Amazing how stupid someone would have to be to think Sturgeon has been the catalyst for the shift in the polls.
Helllllooooooo Brexit and Boris Johnson.  If it was Sturgeon the polls wouldn't have remained completely static for the first FIVE YEARS of her premiership.  The polls have shifted since Brexit became a reality and Boris took office.  They are obviously the reasons, as well as the inevitable demographic changes.

Interesting. Can you evidence that.

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

700px-Scottish_independence_polling_with_local_regression_fit.png.48c74f461cf11af17983ecb4b38877d0.png

That's just not true though. The clear inflection point throughout Sturgeon's period of office has been the outcome of the 2019 GE, the subsequent Brexit confirmation followed by the pandemic in quick succession. If it were as simple - and quite frankly patronising to the point of sexism - that Sturgeon turned the female vote then how do you explain the 2017/18 figures? 

Sturgeon is a capable politician and there's nothing wrong with exploiting a catalogue of failings from Westminster to seize the initiative. It does however place this idea that Sturgeon is somehow a unique horse whisperer for indywomen in the bin where it belongs.

Edited by vikingTON

700px-Scottish_independence_polling_with_local_regression_fit.png.48c74f461cf11af17983ecb4b38877d0.png
That's just not true though. The clear inflection point throughout Sturgeon's period of office has been the outcome of the 2019 GE, the subsequent Brexit confirmation followed by the pandemic in quick succession. If it were as simple - and quite frankly patronising to the point of sexism - that Sturgeon turned the female vote then how do you explain the 2017/18 figures? 
Sturgeon is a capable politician and there's nothing wrong with exploiting a catalogue of failings from Westminster to seize the initiative. It does however place this idea that Sturgeon is somehow a unique horse whisperer for indywomen in the bin where it belongs.
A lot of women - certainly ones I know - have been impressed by her during the pandemic. The daily briefings and her constant high profile have clearly helped.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A lot of women - certainly ones I know - have been impressed by her during the pandemic. The daily briefings and her constant high profile have clearly helped.

They couldn't have been impressed by her a couple of years previously, when as FM with a daily media pulpit overall polling numbers for independence had dipped to the same as the referendum.

Events rather than charisma/ability have therefore played the decisive role in changing opinions. Obviously if the SNP were being run by a Jackie Baillie figure then these tailwinds would be overcome by her gross, obese incompetence, but it is not Sturgeon personally who is winning the argument. 

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
10 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Then why didn't the shift at all during the first FIVE FUCKING YEARS of her being FM you fuckin idiot?  Do you think its just a coincidence that, after no movement whatsoever for five years the polls have shifted as soon as Boris became PM?  Fuckin hell you're stupid

8 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

You have watched the Scottish press fir as long as I have.

Interesting. Can you evidence that.

Look at the grap virginton posted

8 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Yeh...when Scotland needed a Mandela or Gandhi.........we got an RS McColl assistant manager.

This is the funniest post I've read on here this year

10 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I never typed Virginton btw I have a new found respect for you

Okay, it was for about 30 seconds

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

"Female voters '˜won over to Scottish independence' by policies and style | The Scotsman" https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/female-voters-won-over-scottish-independence-policies-and-style-202151?amp

Funny how when that article was written the polls indicated no movement at all.  Its almost as if its bollocks. Inevitably a female leader who isn't as divisive as Salmond would see a slight bump in the female demographic, but in the country as a whole support for the SNP and independence did not shift at all.