Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

3 minutes ago, Pato said:

Pretty sure Scotland's strongest man is a raging union bear so it would just be him punching himself in the face.

Also that's quite enough of you either A: mentioning strong men or B: posting memes involving strong men for the time being.

Ahah I did think of that guy when I posted that's why I went for the /best fighter so it wasn't just two fatties lifting tyres. 

I take that feedback on board and will try my hardest to refrain..

Ill choose Ronnie Pickering as our representative. You can have this guy...

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

EvuLpkrWQAArOo5?format=jpg&name=900x900

Not sure if kidding.

I'll wait until the Daily Express and the Daily Mail give their views, but I think he's onto something. Meghan Markle played a lawyer in Suits, Nicola Sturgeon was a lawyer and frequently wears suits. I mean there are just too many coincidences! 

Edited by Saltire

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
13 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:
The chance to assert the right that our parliament (Holyrood in case you were wondering) is sovereign, and that we do not accept being taken out of Europe. 
We assert our government as the democratically will of the people and hold a referendum, if we want to, or hold a plebiscite election. 
The moment has gone now though, we missed the boat. 

But we couldn't, if she had gone down that line it would have led to a Catalonia style farce plus soft yes's would be lost.(only people like Jim Sillar types were calling for this)However, she does have to go full baws oot now in May elections returning a pro indy parliament being a mandate for a second referendum. When this is achieved, and it will, she needs to lobby EU leaders to give assurances of an EU fast tract, not to mention people must be more peacefully vocal if democracy is being ignored and a referendum isn't granted.

According to Donald Tusk, former President of the European Council, he said 'There would be widespread enthusiasm in the EU if Scotland applied to rejoin after Independence'.

I wonder what anti Sturgeon/SNP  Goebbelsesque type propaganda Headlines the Express and Mail will come up with over the weekend, I would imagine some will read something like this;

Sturgeon proposing building camps on Rockall to imprison Scottish unionists before May elections.

Sturgeon intends building a border wall with armed guards in watchtowers.

Sturgeon proposing extra taxes on english citizens resident in Scotland.

Sturgeon has Hitlers book 'Mein Kampf' for bedtime reading.

And so and so on. You can add to it if you want.

Edited by SandyCromarty

I wonder what anti Sturgeon/SNP  Goebbelsesque type propaganda Headlines the Express and Mail will come up with over the weekend, I would imagine some will read something like this;
Sturgeon proposing building camps on Rockall to imprison Scottish unionists before May elections.
Sturgeon intends building a border wall with armed guards in watchtowers.
Sturgeon proposing extra taxes on english citizens resident in Scotland.
Sturgeon has Hitlers book 'Mein Kampf' for bedtime reading.
And so and so. You can add to it if you want.

How did you get access to Priti Patels dream diary?

It is definitely within the realms of probability that Sturgeon has been economic with the truth.

Unfortunately there isn't a single honest politician in Holyrood and that nest of vipers down in Westminster. 

Regards Alex Salmond. His ego just can't let go that he blew the referendum and that he really believes that he is the only person who is fit to be FM.

As for myself, its a case of holding my nose, vote for SNP, push for independence, get it and start running our own affairs. 

Anything to get away from Westminster,  who just don't understand anything about Scotland and from an electorate who will keep voting the Tories into power in perpetuity.

It is definitely within the realms of probability that Sturgeon has been economic with the truth.
Unfortunately there isn't a single honest politician in Holyrood and that nest of vipers down in Westminster. 
Regards Alex Salmond. His ego just can't let go that he blew the referendum and that he really believes that he is the only person who is fit to be FM.
As for myself, its a case of holding my nose, vote for SNP, push for independence, get it and start running our own affairs. 
Anything to get away from Westminster,  who just don't understand anything about Scotland and from an electorate who will keep voting the Tories into power in perpetuity.
Correct me if I am wrong - but weren't you strongly pro-Labour at one point?

What changed your mind?

49 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

A very sensible approach. I know a couple of Indy supporters who are definitely not NS fans and are angry aboy the way she handled the AS enquiry. However like you they know that if we don't have a pro Indy majority on May 7th , then the "game's a bogey" as we used to say.