Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

9 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Surely the obvious boxing analogy would be the 'Rumble In The Jungle' where Ali let Foreman blow himself out before painfully diverting his future career into domestic appliances,  'Rope-A-Dope' was the catchphrase and you can take your pick in the latter from the lightweight Ross, heavyweight Davidson and super-heavyweight Baillie.

Decent effort... but you're making the mistake of thinking Ross/Davidson/Baillie have anything to do with the actual contest. As this afternoon's shambles proves, again, they are, at best, like the creepy hangers-on in When We Were Kings. In fact, that's flattering them. They're not even at the stadium. They'll have no impact whatsoever on how this plays out.

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If we are going with tortured boxing analogies: Salmond = Tyson

Seemingly unstoppable at the top before throwing it all away. Behaved very inappropriately towards women. Desperately trying to stay in the limelight and still inexplicably popular with yer da.

Fights, mate, fights... None of Tyson's early fights are applicable, obviously, but I can see Sturgeon eventually biting someone's ear off when she's got nowhere else to run....

39 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Attacks on Leslie Evans character have been fkn heinous and wildly misplaced. Nothing but the mud-slinging of know-nothing cretins trying to reel her in to their fantasies.

Sit the f**k doon, moron.

You were hilariously bleating upstream about all the amazing 'political acumen' on here... then, just to prove how utterly fuckin insane that notion is, you post that?

Even people who fundamentally disagree about the causes and outcome of this know that Leslie Evans is up to her oxters in it. Even the unanimous bits of the committee report confirm that the civil service behaved in a way that would have seen multiple sackings in any normal organisation (if a Court of Session judgement and Roddy Dunlop's advice wasn't already enough for you).

It's possible, as many people have, to argue that isn't on Sturgeon (although I respectfully disagree)... but to come flying in with that pish just demonstrates that, of all the know-nothing cretins, you really are the fuckin daddy.

Things went badly wrong.... but absolutely nobody is responsible?

Seek help.

Just now, 101 said:

I think he likes her she's his deputy.

Just now, NotThePars said:

They're firm ideological allies. 

They have always endorsed each other and are on point policy wise but I get the feeling that he knows she's a bit of an embarrassment and useless at strategies to gain popularity in national politics. I don't think he'd ever remove her or not give a cabinet seat but don't think he'd shed a tear if a fuss caused her to not take up the list seat or went to the backbenches.

I can see a minor fight within the Scottish Tories here. DRoss isn't even in Holyrood yet and he's been absolutely humiliated here. Given that DRoss is as thick as f**k and probably unable to think for himself, one has to assume that the Blurt's grubby hands are all over this VONC shambles. She won't have given a shite about the fallout as she's off to the Lords.

The last couple of days have been terrific entertainment. The hopes and dreams of the Yoonery raised and dashed in spectacular fashion yet again. It's somewhat fitting that this parliamentary session should end with the FM completely rinsing the now isolated Tories, Davidson and Mitchell sitting there looking utterly furious and DRoss probably sitting at home questioning his life choices. 

The icing on the cake of course would be the FM's popularity rising again, increased polling for the SNP and a majority in May. All thanks to the hopeless idiocy of the Conservative Party's northern branch office. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

Can anything actually be done about the scum on the committee? Can any proceedings be brought against them for their behaviour, with a view to getting them all expelled from the parliament?

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I can see a minor fight within the Scottish Tories here. DRoss isn't even in Holyrood yet and he's been absolutely humiliated here. Given that DRoss is as thick as f**k and probably unable to think for himself, one has to assume that the Blurt's grubby hands are all over this VONC shambles. She won't have given a shite about the fallout as she's off to the Lords.

The last couple of days have been terrific entertainment. The hopes and dreams of the Yoonery raised and dashed in spectacular fashion yet again. It's somewhat fitting that this parliamentary session should end with the FM completely rinsing the now isolated Tories, Davidson and Mitchell sitting there looking utterly furious and DRoss probably sitting at home questioning his life choices. 

The icing on the cake of course would be the FM's popularity rising again, increased polling for the SNP and a majority in May. All thanks to the hopeless idiocy of the Conservative Party's northern branch office. 

I can see the Greens maybe getting a boost on account of Patrick Harvie's performances over the past couple of days doubled with the party getting more exposure than they usually get.

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I can see the Greens maybe getting a boost on account of Patrick Harvie's performances over the past couple of days doubled with the party getting more exposure than they usually get.

yes, I can see them getting double figure in the list vote (aye percentage wise)  I am pretty convinced I will vote for them with my second vote and this endorses that decision.