Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

11 minutes ago, strichener said:

And get the Mexicans to pay for it?

Naah.... We'll encourage Italians from Rome to come back to reconstruct and restore Hadrian's Wall. It did a good job for so many years in keeping these marauding, raping, pillaging Anglo Saxons out of Scotland.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

😂

The problem with this stuff is that it's been so normalised down south to have flagrant corruption to the tune of billions that nobody is really going to give a shit about 410,000 grand. It sucks but that's what happens now.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

The problem with this stuff is that it's been so normalised down south to have flagrant corruption to the tune of billions that nobody is really going to give a shit about 410,000 grand. It sucks but that's what happens now.

Agreed entirely. As someone opposed to the SNP I often get "what about the tories" and amazingly enough I find their flagrant corruption to also be despicable, the idea that you can't criticise either without supporting the other is sadly common nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Agreed entirely. As someone opposed to the SNP I often get "what about the tories" and amazingly enough I find their flagrant corruption to also be despicable, the idea that you can't criticise either without supporting the other is sadly common nowadays. 

It's the price of the press normalising totally ludicrous levels of incompetency, abhorrent ideology, and corruption to stop a mild socially democratic Labour Party from getting into power. 

Everyone you see in the press solemnly asking for some decency or questioning why nobody cares about this stuff anymore is doing this bit

UQjzAIH.jpg

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It's the price of the press normalising totally ludicrous levels of incompetency, abhorrent ideology, and corruption to stop a mild socially democratic Labour Party from getting into power. 

Everyone you see in the press solemnly asking for some decency or questioning why nobody cares about this stuff anymore is doing this bit

UQjzAIH.jpg

I'm not so sure that's the reasoning I'd give entirely but I'd agree to a certain extent. I'd say there's a lot of disinterest before you even get into media biases.

From a lot of the posts I've read from you I'd say we'd be likely to agree on an awful lot of things but I certainly don't give the MSM as much credibility or clout as you do. It's a very hard thing to try and quantify - how much influence does the MSM have in politics - I'd never deny how significant the influence actually is but I just don't view it as powerful as yourself, or perhaps as orchestrated as yourself, especially when it comes to reasoning on why Corbyn didn't do so well etc. 

I'd like to know if there ever was a time when people viewed politicians as anything other than corrupt in nature. I think I'm firmly in the "they're all b*****ds" by the fact they want to be politicians but I suppose that's very cynical. 

(I don't know the reference of the hot dog dude) 

Edited by Stormzy

On 31/01/2021 at 21:28, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Luckily NS probably won't see April as FM or even as a professional politician, so the Mcarthy-ite ideological purge they have planned won't get very far.

This is definitely my favourite pep post before he was emptied. Just look at it. Glorious.

There are a few posters who'd absolutely give it the big "SEE? TOLD SHE WAS DONE FOR!" if wee Nic retired after leading Scotland to independence.

Supepras himself will have been booted out of office another half-dozen times, at least.

5 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Think he was emptied because people didn't like his views on the SNP.  

Some of his opinions were spot on by the way. 

That doesn't explain why Stormzy, Kincardine or that Ghost of Barp fella are still here and posting. 

24 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

That doesn't explain why Stormzy, Kincardine or that Ghost of Barp fella are still here and posting. 

Whilst I don't agree with the idea he was punted for not being pro SNP I didn't see anything I found particularly worthy of a ban but I can imagine if you were a moderator that was familiar that he was an alias account they could fairly bag him for spamming or something similar. 

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

SNP spending half a million on books and the Tories can't even afford someone to proofread their tweets. Sad.

I'm glad you said proofread over spell check or I would have had a field day. 

32 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Think he was emptied because people didn't like his views on the SNP.  

Some of his opinions were spot on by the way. 

Nobody gives a shit about his opinions. He'll have been emptied for the same reason he always gets emptied - continually spamming threads until every second post is by him, in an attempt to make all the other posts about him.

You or I would get the same treatment.