Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

10 hours ago, Donathan said:

Can anyone explain to me, a layman, what the hell is going on with the Salmond/Sturgeon thing? I'm aware that Salmond was accused of various sexual assaults and cleared last year, but it seems like Sturgeon stands accused by the Salmond camp of conspiring against him (for some reason) and also accused by the unionists of helping him cover up the assaults. I'm very confused by exactly what the proposed ministerial code breach is.

Forget even trying to work things out, the details of what happened  is immaterial to the media and the unionists, they think they smell blood and have elevated the "story" to ridiculous fantasist levels.

Fact is, as I have said already, tomorrow and for the next few months The SNP will still be our and their Scottish Government and the 3rd largest political party in the uk.

And all predictions are that the SNP will be returned in a landslide in the May elections.

The ship is mightier than the crew.

17 hours ago, G51 said:

He's the political equivalent of Derek McInnes.

Everyone says "How can you sack him, he's doing a great job, a steady hand on the tiller" and then you check and realise he's actually completely underachieved for most of his tenure.

Here I am having a rare peruse on the politics forum and I find you talking about Aberdeen again. Give it a rest mate, we don't want to be your rivals.

11 hours ago, Donathan said:

Can anyone explain to me, a layman, what the hell is going on with the Salmond/Sturgeon thing? I'm aware that Salmond was accused of various sexual assaults and cleared last year, but it seems like Sturgeon stands accused by the Salmond camp of conspiring against him (for some reason) and also accused by the unionists of helping him cover up the assaults. I'm very confused by exactly what the proposed ministerial code breach is.

Salmond is angry that the SNP encouraged (conspired in his view) women to come forward and report ‘sleazy” behaviour to the police. I’m guessing he feels that it should have been swept under the carpet by the SNP. The rest is arguments about who knew what when. As much as I was a fan of Salmond to me this is about revenge and bringing down Surgeon/Murrell who Salmonds feels should have protected him.

2 minutes ago, Gallant Pioneer said:

Salmond is angry that the SNP encouraged (conspired in his view) women to come forward and report ‘sleazy” behaviour to the police. I’m guessing he feels that it should have been swept under the carpet by the SNP. The rest is arguments about who knew what when. As much as I was a fan of Salmond to me this is about revenge and bringing down Surgeon/Murrell who Salmonds feels should have protected him.

Wasn't it swept under the carpet when he was First Minister and only came out later on? 

Just now, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Downing Street beautifully portrayed may I say. Well done! 

It's about the SG. 

Unlike some on here I'll happily criticise both for their wrongdoings. I don't support them like i do my football teams. 

I am just glad that in 2019 for the first time since 1978 I deserted Labour and voted SNP. These charlatans that are Labour, clearly orchestrating with Ermine Robe Davidson to attack Sturgeon is utterly reprehensible. Hopefully Labour lose every seat they presently hold. The utter stench of fear and panic from the unionist parties is overpowering. 

4 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Wasn't it swept under the carpet when he was First Minister and only came out later on? 

I think there has been rumours for a while but never acted upon. Sturgeon is strong on women’s rights them combined with the “MeToo movement probably encouraged people to act. 

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

It's about the SG. 

Unlike some on here I'll happily criticise both for their wrongdoings. I don't support them like i do my football teams. 

It's about an ex FM seeking revenge because his corruptions weren't covered up and with the full backing of unionists and the right wing MSM. Salmond will forever go down in Scottish history as a quisling. 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

It's about an ex FM seeking revenge because his corruptions weren't covered up and with the full backing of unionists and the right wing MSM. Salmond will forever go down in Scottish history as a quisling. 

Now that's almost the perfect shitpost. 

42 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I think that's  bit extreme tbh. I don't think history will look back on him favourably overall once this is all over with. 

What is depressing about this whole thing is seeing Unionist politicians and columnists who could previously barely conceal their delight when they thought ten women had been sexually assaulted are now equally squealing with delight now that they think Salmond's innocent and can bring down the SNP as a result.