Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Just wondering if anyone at the BBC will be able to sleep tonight.....they are just so excited.  How on earth this has become the only show in town whilst we are in the middle of a global pandemic, Brexit fiasco and a scandal where billions has been squandered on useless contract to pals of Tories is just amazing.  We must have the worlds worst news media.

8 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Just wondering if anyone at the BBC will be able to sleep tonight.....they are just so excited.  How on earth this has become the only show in town whilst we are in the middle of a global pandemic, Brexit fiasco and a scandal where billions has been squandered on useless contract to pals of Tories is just amazing.  We must have the worlds worst news media.

Every time I hear a BBC report I think ‘I hope the have tissues to clear that up’.

57 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Six stories featured on the BBC News Scotland web page this morning, three of them regarding some aspect of the Salmond fiasco.

I don't recall ever opening the main News website page and finding half the feature stories covering the same Westminster 'scandal', and considering some of the utter cuntery that's gone on down there over the past five years or so, that really shouldn't have been so outlandish.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Thought it was quite extraordinary to see that the two main opposition parties in Scotland, represented at moment by Jackie Ballie & Ruth Davidson  working together in an orchestrated attempt to try and force the FM to resign.

This is before the FM has given her evidence to the committee, and James Hamilton has published his report on whether there was any breaches of Ministerial code.
In effect it is trial by kangaroo court with the Tory press cheering on.

I don't think I have seen anything like this before where the 2 main opposition parties are working in tandem to try and get rid of a leader who is respected throughout the world and who has put so much effort into trying to do her best during Covid Pandemic.

They might be overplaying their hand as the smear attack is starting to look so orchestrated and almost appears to be an attack on the Scottish Parliament itself. Remember when the PM said Scottish Devolution was a disaster, this looks like an organised attempt to discredit it and the Scottish legal system.

Have to ask how can Jackie Ballie be allowed to stay on committee when she is literally making smears and accusations against the FM every day, even online, before she has even appeared to give her evidence. Also Scottish Labour again siding with Scottish Tories just reminds me of 2014 all over again.

10 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

Thought it was quite extraordinary to see that the two main opposition parties in Scotland, represented at moment by Jackie Ballie & Ruth Davidson  working together in an orchestrated attempt to try and force the FM to resign.

Opportunism in lieu of any meaningful questions and trying to raise their and their parties profile in the lead up to election, I'd say. 

18 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

This is before the FM has given her evidence to the committee, and James Hamilton has published his report on whether there was any breaches of Ministerial code.
In effect it is trial by kangaroo court with the Tory press cheering on.

I don't think I have seen anything like this before where the 2 main opposition parties are working in tandem to try and get rid of a leader who is respected throughout the world and who has put so much effort into trying to do her best during Covid Pandemic.

They might be overplaying their hand as the smear attack is starting to look so orchestrated and almost appears to be an attack on the Scottish Parliament itself. Remember when the PM said Scottish Devolution was a disaster, this looks like an organised attempt to discredit it and the Scottish legal system.

Have to ask how can Jackie Ballie be allowed to stay on committee when she is literally making smears and accusations against the FM every day, even online, before she has even appeared to give her evidence. Also Scottish Labour again siding with Scottish Tories just reminds me of 2014 all over again.

What do you think opposition politicians are supposed to be doing?

Some crackpot remarks here. 
As far as I’m aware Scotland is still a democracy.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Just like Stormzy they are trying far too hard, and eventually it all becomes white noise. Sorry, has become.

The Telegraph and The Express between them have 8 stories on the front pages of their websites about this.....ranging from demanding that Sturgeon resign to suggesting that the Scottish parliament be dissolved and devolution revoked. 

Sturgeon has been tried, found guilty and sentenced by the right-wing MSM....all without any proof or evidence of anything other than the civil service fucked up. 

It's another full out, frontal attack on the Scottish government. Is there an election coming up ? 

23 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The Telegraph and The Express between them have 8 stories on the front pages of their websites about this.....ranging from demanding that Sturgeon resign to suggesting that the Scottish parliament be dissolved and devolution revoked

Sturgeon has been tried, found guilty and sentenced by the right-wing MSM....all without any proof or evidence of anything other than the civil service fucked up. 

It's another full out, frontal attack on the Scottish government. Is there an election coming up ? 

To be fair, they'd be running those stories whether there was an enquiry or not.

Edited by renton

Can anyone explain to me, a layman, what the hell is going on with the Salmond/Sturgeon thing? I'm aware that Salmond was accused of various sexual assaults and cleared last year, but it seems like Sturgeon stands accused by the Salmond camp of conspiring against him (for some reason) and also accused by the unionists of helping him cover up the assaults. I'm very confused by exactly what the proposed ministerial code breach is.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What do you think opposition politicians are supposed to be doing?

Some crackpot remarks here. 
As far as I’m aware Scotland is still a democracy.

I expect them to be attacking her but to start making claims and announcing them as "facts" is another matter altogether.

Not only that but i think it is a crackpot idea to think it is normal for a member of the committee looking into the inquiry to have pre judged the matter before the FM has even appeared before them. She is tweeting it all over the internet, hardly any sense of impartiality and more like a kangaroo court, but hey if you think that is normal and good for democracy so be it lol