Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Just now, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Well of course. 

I read somewhere that the 12 hour rule is the total allowed so they'd have to charge him to bring him back in, they couldn't just start another 12 hour session. 

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I read somewhere that the 12 hour rule is the total allowed so they'd have to charge him to bring him back in, they couldn't just start another 12 hour session. 

Correct. They would have what's left of the 12 hours if he were re-arrested.

48 minutes that would be.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

56 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Correct. They would have what's left of the 12 hours if he were re-arrested.

48 minutes that would be.

Unless a senior police officer agrees to extend it by 12 hours. 

Just now, Rugster said:

Unless a senior police officer agrees to extend it by 12 hours. 

An extension of custody by another 12 hours must be given by a constable of the rank of inspector or above who has not been involved in the investigation in connection with which the person is in custody. Authorisation to extend custody may only be given if the tests set out in section 11(3)(a) & (b) and Section 14 of the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2016 are met.

They can't just ask for an extension but have reasonable grounds for suspecting that the person has committed an offence, and
keeping the person in custody is necessary and proportionate for the purposes of bringing the person before a court or otherwise dealing with the person in accordance with the law.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

An extension of custody by another 12 hours must be given by a constable of the rank of inspector or above who has not been involved in the investigation in connection with which the person is in custody. Authorisation to extend custody may only be given if the tests set out in section 11(3)(a) & (b) and Section 14 of the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2016 are met.

They can't just ask for an extension but have reasonable grounds for suspecting that the person has committed an offence, and
keeping the person in custody is necessary and proportionate for the purposes of bringing the person before a court or otherwise dealing with the person in accordance with the law.

Thanks Rumpole of The Bailey

I told yous these people were villains. I will never forgive them for the damage these two narcissists have done to the SNP and the cause of independence. 

Who would honestly believe anymore that they didn’t try to fit up Salmond?

The thing I’m really looking forward to most of all is the cry of “innocent until proven guilty” from the people who found Salmond guilty before his trial and even still found him guilty after he was actually acquitted. 

That’s going to be some cheek. Chortlesville, Wisconsin.

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

The thing I’m really looking forward to most of all is the cry of “innocent until proven guilty” from the people who found Salmond guilty before his trial and even still found him guilty after he was actually acquitted. 

This is exactly what you'll do when they're acquitted.

1 minute ago, StellarHibee said:

This is exactly what you'll do when they're acquitted.

I guarantee you I will not. 

Looking forward to the “innocent until proven guilty” cries from the people who conducted their own armchair trials of Salmond. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Were there posters on here who claimed Salmond was guilty after he was acquitted?

12 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Salmond was acquitted because of staggering levels of incompetence in the crown office.

The suggestion that he was in some way the innocent victim (when there were about 12 complainants who put their careers on the line) is ludicrous in the extreme.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Salmond was acquitted because of staggering levels of incompetence in the crown office.

The suggestion that he was in some way the innocent victim (when there were about 12 complainants who put their careers on the line) is ludicrous in the extreme.

Or a jury didn't convict him

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

See?

Just now, Thorongil said:

It would be unfair to start singling them out. There were hundreds.

I doubt if there are more than 50 regular contributors to this forum, that maybe increases to 100-200 if something cataclysmic happens.  If there were hundreds you would hardly been singling them out.