Montrose Vs Clyde - Squeeky Bum Time

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can finally relax, what a sh1thole of a season this has been. A lot of questions need to be asked and I am sure they will in the next few days, the managers position is one of them. Whether Peaso and JP get the gig or not I would personally like to thank them both, they had a job to do and succeeded, only just right enough. 3 wins and 3 draws with the same players that Ferguson couldn't win a match in 17 attempts. Just so relieved atm and no more Saturday evenings ruined for a while.

No surprises that we looked solid defensively, shipped a goal and then absolutely fell to pieces from that point until just before the Elgin result came through. Hard to see if the disallowed goal was offside from the other end of the stadium. Thank christ this season is over.

11 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Can finally relax, what a sh1thole of a season this has been. A lot of questions need to be asked and I am sure they will in the next few days, the managers position is one of them. Whether Peaso and JP get the gig or not I would personally like to thank them both, they had a job to do and succeeded, only just right enough. 3 wins and 3 draws with the same players that Ferguson couldn't win a match in 17 attempts. Just so relieved atm and no more Saturday evenings ruined for a while.

If the board are even considering giving MacDonald & McGovern the gig then they should just get to f*ck right now. Yes, they managed to keep us up and I thank them for that. However, performances under their leadership have still been almost exclusively shite and were it not for the desperate signing and subsequent contribution of a certain Mr Goodwillie we would be looking at Lowland League pish next season.

Get an experienced manager in now please!

More relief than joy after that. Must have refreshed the Elgin score 100 times in last minutes. Can't even be bothered complaining about ref and farside linesman as it doesn't matter now.

Positives going into playoffs is that we have learnt from last week how to defend corners. Fraser looked off it. I'd be tempted to start with the 11 we finished with today.

Tbf to Clyde, they battled hard and made it tough today.

29 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

No surprises that we looked solid defensively, shipped a goal and then absolutely fell to pieces from that point until just before the Elgin result came through. Hard to see if the disallowed goal was offside from the other end of the stadium. Thank christ this season is over.

Wasn't offside, assistant thought it had crossed the line. Looked tight!

Fair play for the effort today from all eleven and it's the tiniest consolation we did it ourselves. Waddell was absolutely outstanding.

Archived