CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Because a Clyde shirt signed by the Barcelona "B" team will be more than sufficient to cover any debts...

Thanks for answering for him!

What debts? Compensation was quoted when they signed, so rather than the sensationalism of Clyde not paying - I would imagine its more than likely no agreement was reached on compensation. Or are we just to believe what a fan of another team says?

This compensation issue intrigues me so as a media and communications person, I merely lifted the phone and called Annan for their take on this story.
Apparently, what Solway Star is telling us is true. Clyde wanted to pay for the players mentioned at thrupence a week ( or thereabouts) but Annan have rejected the offer so tribunal it is.
The mention of Chapman returning to Galabank was met with an archetypal Scottish " Aye right" !
However, they do have a couple of spare brick wall centre half's that they would be willing to swap for " Bill the kit man" . I don't know him but he is well thought of down there .

This compensation issue intrigues me so as a media and communications person, I merely lifted the phone and called Annan for their take on this story.
Apparently, what Solway Star is telling us is true. Clyde wanted to pay for the players mentioned at thrupence a week ( or thereabouts) but Annan have rejected the offer so tribunal it is.
The mention of Chapman returning to Galabank was met with an archetypal Scottish " Aye right" !
However, they do have a couple of spare brick wall centre half's that they would be willing to swap for " Bill the kit man" . I don't know him but he is well thought of down there .

Oh dear think we can expect another melt down from Agent Dale [emoji23]

45 minutes ago, Emfaefifeyahoorsur said:

Yeah because Annan will have their value on two players. Doesn't mean it's reasonable does it, and any club woukd be within their rights to dispute what they may see as an over inflated price

Clyde could not afford our two brick wall centre half's.
As for Bill the kit man I think he made the wrong choice going with Chapman.

58 minutes ago, Emfaefifeyahoorsur said:

THIS!!

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

:lol:
Oh dear think we can expect another melt down from Agent Dale emoji23.png

:lol::lol: Not at all :lol:

If Annan want to disclose what I Imagine would be sensitive negotiations:lol: with anyone who apparently asks:lol: then it says more about them:lol: than the actual potential issue:thumsup2

"maybe"! Brilliant! Ha! Touché... 

Maybe

adverb

perhaps; possibly.

"maybe I won't go back"

synonyms: perhaps, possibly, conceivably, it could be (that), it is possible (that), for all one knows.

Oh dear. More like Touché Turtle!

My source? The first half a dozen results on Google.

Archived