CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see burbidge, Harrison,Millar and Wilson giving a game. Burbidge has looked fairly positive in his brief sub appearances. The under 20 development team don't have a game yet for a few weeks going by the fixture list in the programme on Saturday.

Went to bar 58 for the first time on Saturday. decent to have somewhere to get a drink and watch the early kick off. Was pretty quiet when we went in at 1.30 but got busier by 2.

I think we were disinterested year as we were drawn to play a kiddies team. I'd like to think we'll have a go against a proper club.

Would like to see burbidge, Harrison,Millar and Wilson giving a game. Burbidge has looked fairly positive in his brief sub appearances. The under 20 development team don't have a game yet for a few weeks going by the fixture list in the programme on Saturday.

Went to bar 58 for the first time on Saturday. decent to have somewhere to get a drink and watch the early kick off. Was pretty quiet when we went in at 1.30 but got busier by 2.

Agree would be nice to see fringe players would also have goodwillie on the bench or rested to valuable to risk in this carry on

As for bar 58 great idea went in at Dumbarton game was late Saturday so didn't make it
I hope the people who have rattled on for years about how we needed such a facility start to use it

I would certainly give Burbridge, Harrison and Millar a go. Also try Breslin at right back and rest Goodwillie. No need to risk him from the start. Hopefully we put in a good performance.

If we got an u20 team then I'm all for playing ours but since its Stranraer I'd give the players that have been on the bench the past few weeks a start and maybe some others from the first team like Flynn who needs to improve etc.... Lowdon potentially? And then 2/3 from the youth team

I'd not even let Goodwillie into the stadium, in case he catches a cold.

I'm sure most of the rest of the first team can play a game. Likes of Ramsay and Stewart have already missed a couple of games. I'd probably give Wright and Burbidge a run out either side of Osadolor. Apart from that, a strong team.

I thought we picked Bryson up after he was released by the Motherwell youth system? Did John Baird come up through the Clyde youth system - hasn't he done well since we punted him?

John Baird did, played in the same team as my cousin. Did a young lad called Ward ever play for your first team...?

Thought we played well last night, especially in the first 30-35 mins. 

Wasnt sure it was a penalty as I thought he got a touch on the ball, but would need another look. For me it wasn't a passback either. 

The two Stranraer centre backs got away with murder as well, how many times they pushed and pulled goodwillie and got away with it was incredible. 

Once Stranraer came into the game they did look decent and have a few good players, which was probably the difference on the night. 

Another good performance mainly, hopefully get a result at elgin this weekend. 

We might be playing well, but the amount of goals we are conceding is alarming

A good experienced centre half to organise the defence would be ideal the defence is pretty inexperienced the real positive is we carry a real goal threat and are good going forward
So if we can stop leaking goals then we should easily make the play offs

Right now we just need some more bodies in, particularly in central midfield. With his record we can’t count of Nicoll being fit for any length of time and so far Miller, Flynn and Cuddihy have played every match. Even when we substitute one of them we have to bring on a winger and reshape our team whether we want to or not.

Archived