CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reduce ST prices in effect reduces income and on the pitch standard. Defence bad enough never mind less cash coming in. One of us need to win lottery or we are forever in the third but alive i suppose...

But you would then be beholden to a benefactor [emoji6]

It is the same story year after year, I am not a member or a fan of the CIC model but as SSB said look at the problems you could have with the alternative of someone who holds all the power.  Personally I haven't got a clue where we go from here.

Why does it have to be an individual ? Is that the only way to generate income ? Local business, greater match sponsorship, third strip sponsor etc

Reduce ST prices in effect reduces income and on the pitch standard. Defence bad enough never mind less cash coming in. One of us need to win lottery or we are forever in the third but alive i suppose...

I see your argument and don't have a problem with it. I say that as a member.

However we should declare it as money making venture and forget the pretence that it is about fan empowerment.

Anyone claiming that a lack of money is keeping us from winning League 2 is either some kind of club apparatchik or just a fool. Perhaps both.

I'm sure your manager will soon bang on about how the tight budget limits him.

I'm sure your manager will soon bang on about how the tight budget limits him.

Well he if he does he will need to have word with the chairman who doesn't think big budgets are the way forward in fact thinks it's a positive that the money is tight

It appears he wants players playing for next to nothing simple for the love of the game

A kind of later day Baron Pierre de Coubertin [emoji23]

Never know it might work

Archived