CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope Matty Flynn is reading "jordanburtfootball" preview. Sounds a cracking player for us............... 
C'mon the Mighty Bully Wee....lets be havin ye

I'm also glad that "Jack Breslin and Martin McNiff will form a good partnership at the back".

I was starting to worry.

1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

"I would expect a play-off place to be the minimum Chapman achieves this term"

Wow.....really?? There is no way that squad is good enough to win the league and would suggest that he would be doing well to make the Play Offs, but hey ho, they do say football is all about opinions.

36 minutes ago, maxruby said:

I can recommend a good proofreader.

Sorry, I am visually impaired so I sometimes miss spelling errors. I'll go back over it and sort any mistakes. Thanks for pointing it out. 

23 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Wow.....really?? There is no way that squad is good enough to win the league and would suggest that he would be doing well to make the Play Offs, but hey ho, they do say football is all about opinions.

I am basically just going on the fact the majority of the players are former Annan who made the play offs last term and with guys like Goodwillie added to that too, I felt that the minimum expected of them would be play offs this year but you will have seen these players more than me so far enough if I've got it wildly wrong. 

24 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

That Squad?

Whilst I agree that in my opinion Peterhead are the team to beat - If Annan who finished third last year went out and signed Goodwillie they would be rightly classed as amongst the favourites.

3 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Sorry, I am visually impaired so I sometimes miss spelling errors. I'll go back over it and sort any mistakes. Thanks for pointing it out. 

I am basically just going on the fact the majority of the players are former Annan who made the play offs last term and with guys like Goodwillie added to that too, I felt that the minimum expected of them would be play offs this year but you will have seen these players more than me so far enough if I've got it wildly wrong. 

Appreciate the work you put in providing coverage for the lower leagues dafcburty. Keep it up!

Here's hoping you're right [emoji1360]

On 2 August 2017 at 19:24, BrigtonClyde said:

Big Shug moved to the islands to emulate his hero......Sawny Bean :lol:

The crowds were pretty good in the early 80's in the first division, no as bad as made out, but aye, that night was exceptional

The whole area round there's being rebuilt. New Oatlands isn't far off now, new builds in Brigton, Ruglen's expanded......c'mon King y'auld shite, die ya b*****d 8)

And for the one millionth time for Sydney's benefit....IT'D BE KNOCKED DOON & REBUILT. That clear enough???? ;)

Knock what down ? No idea what your talking about :whistle

Remember those days well and that night in particular. Perhaps busiest I remember the ground outwith an Old Firm visit. 

Archived