CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

When did they take a gamble on Gormley? The article on the website says he had a recent scan; doesn't sound like it was before we gave him a new contract. More conspiracy nonsense.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, David W said:

When did they take a gamble on Gormley? The article on the website says he had a recent scan; doesn't sound like it was before we gave him a new contract. More conspiracy nonsense.

Chapman said he has had this problem for a while, it could be assumed that Gormley was signed with them knowing about his injury but blind to the seriousness, I would say that is a gamble. He may have had the scan recently, obviously he has had the problem for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gormley, I am not one of the people who give him stick, just find it strange that Easton wasn't afforded the same opportunities as Gormley, not conspiracy nonsense just saying it how I see it.

35 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Gormley also wasn't expecting full time wages at a financially gubbed part time Club. Easton is gone and was never going to stay despite what noises he apparently made. 

Exactly.

Anyone who thinks Easton hasn't had a wage increase at Forfar is living in cloud cuckoo land.

A guy who's never completed a season in his career. He's done well for himself. Fair play.

34 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Gormley also wasn't expecting full time wages at a financially gubbed part time Club. Easton is gone and was never going to stay despite what noises he apparently made. 

If that were true about his wages the new chairman had every opportunity to just came out and said that his wage demands were not reasonable at the fans meeting instead of claiming any deal depended on his fitness.

Totally different injury; Easton required major reconstruction and it will still be unclear if he is fully recovered or indeed ever will be the same. Gormley has it would seem the bog standard knee issue that many sports people be it professional or not.

For the record I am not a Gormley hater or otherwise. He is bang average and I was therefore indifferent if he stayed or left during the summer, what does annoy me is the belief that Easton was somehow Clyde daft and was desperate to stay, only to be let down by the club. He had no intention of staying unless he got very well paid to do so, we couldn't afford him simple as that. It was also up to Easton to make that decision, perfectly understandable from his point of view of course.

5 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Chapman said he has had this problem for a while, it could be assumed that Gormley was signed with them knowing about his injury but blind to the seriousness, I would say that is a gamble. He may have had the scan recently, obviously he has had the problem for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gormley, I am not one of the people who give him stick, just find it strange that Easton wasn't afforded the same opportunities as Gormley, not conspiracy nonsense just saying it how I see it.

Players have injuries all the time and play through them. He was clearly able to play with it even if it was hampering him. They probably thought a bit of rest would clear it up.

Easton was out for 9 months with one of the toughest injuries to return from at a high level. There's barely a player who has returned from an ACL and not taken months to recover their previous form.

16 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

leaves us pretty thin up top.

Be the first time in a while then. Just the midfield that's needin' a round of Slimfast and we'll be competitive.

I hope all of the Gormley haters are happy that he'll be out for a couple of months.

I don't hate Gormley. I just don't think he's very good. I'm also not happy that he's injured. Why would any Clyde supporter be happy?

Regarding Easton, he's history now! We move on.

However, if it was for financial reasons he's away, that's fine.
It was the chairman that introduced the "proving of his fitness" discussion. Fans are entitled to query that, given that he's already playing for Forfar.

17 hours ago, sydney said:

Knock what down ? No idea what your talking about :whistle

Remember those days well and that night in particular. Perhaps busiest I remember the ground outwith an Old Firm visit. 

:lol: Aye well, if we ever returned it would look nothin like it does now, so nae mare "oh the view's no very good, ye canny see" ;)

The Aberdeen cup game was as busy, but the place certainly looked very different rammed.  There again, so do all grounds.

As for Gormley, I don't really know what people are expecting.  Players find their level.  We shouldnt be at this level, but that's another story.  This league is full of guys who try their best & Gormley's one of them. Shouting at them's pointless, they're not suddenly going to stop in the middle of the pitch, think to themselves "oh aye, right enough", and suddenly become talented. 

Easton stood out at this level, but if he was that good he wouldn't be at fuckin Forfar.

Quote he has had the problem for a while

Nice try

At the same time the fact is we know Gormley will miss 3 months at least, no evidence yet that Easton will miss any of this season, i would still have taken the chance with Easton. Makes no sense they would take a gamble with Gormley but not Easton.

Don't know why they couldn't be honest and say we ain't got the wages and the manager doesn't want him , can't see how that would be a problem

Watch out for email offering you a share in a gold mine for a tenner

Just to let you know It's a scam [emoji23]

Gormley on Twitter has had a torn cartilage since February

Like to comment on the conspiracy theory [emoji23]

Let me guess everyone in the team has a torn cartilage [emoji6]

24 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Gormley on Twitter has had a torn cartilage since February

Like to comment on the conspiracy theory emoji23.png

Let me guess everyone in the team has a torn cartilage emoji6.png

And he's played every game and played well in that period. Therefore the operation can't be seen as a huge risk, neither can resigning him. 

Whereas Easton suffered a totally different injury.

Archived