CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I notice the cic membership is 248. Does anyone know how many were 'members' at the peak?

Think the top total was 500 plus that was the year we took the stance against rangers at the the height of the name change vote think it was about mid 400 's been in decline ever since

Mostly now families and exiles buying 2 and 3 sitting 246? at the moment doubt if regular attendees at games make up less than 2 /3 of that total completely failed model but still being flogged to death

Think the top total was 500 plus that was the year we took the stance against rangers at the the height of the name change vote think it was about mid 400 's been in decline ever since

Mostly now families and exiles buying 2 and 3 sitting 246? at the moment doubt if regular attendees at games make up less than 2 /3 of that total completely failed model but still being flogged to death

I just can't understand the resistance to giving season ticket holders a discount to join if the reason for the CIC is to encourage fans participation.

Totally understandable if it's a money making scheme.

The chairman implied it was the former.

I just can't understand the resistance to giving season ticket holders a discount to join if the reason for the CIC is to encourage fans participation.

Totally understandable if it's a money making scheme.

The chairman implied it was the former.

Problem is sizable majority of fans ain't interested and see it as pointless exercise , it was only brought in to keep certain individuals have a tight grip on power most fans have seen through it which is indicated in the falling numbers year on year

Ps I joined this year why god knows

CIC works for us. Relyin.on businessmen and people create issues as prev mentioned (Ronnie. Keans. DD)

Reckon fans of cardiff. Forest and hearts under romanov probably wished they didnt have these powers..

Weve been punching for years in the past and our limit is league above max. Fact..

CIC works for us. Relyin.on businessmen and people create issues as prev mentioned (Ronnie. Keans. DD)

Reckon fans of cardiff. Forest and hearts under romanov probably wished they didnt have these powers..

Weve been punching for years in the past and our limit is league above max. Fact..

Yeah been a terrific success think it's time to reach our real level and go and share a junior ground [emoji106]

I'm prepared to be convinced how does it work for us ?

Until fans start returning to games, it's not going to happen

The sad reality Johnny is that these fans don't return. Ok, for the odd game you can pull in the odd "glory hunter", maybe a small handful return for good but in general these hundreds/thousands of people have left and left to find something else to do with their time or other teams to support.

Hurts me to say, but I think SSB is right. With crowds less than 500 these days, our level is league 1 at a push. Too many fans disappearing over the years and it's left the the few to keep it going. 
A lot of people are moaning about this and that, and the common denominator is money. We don't having have it, simple as that. Until fans start returning to games, it's not going to happen. For those who continue to go to games each week, fair play. For those who don't, quit moaning. 

I agree but why not give the season ticket holders, who turn up every week and contribute most financially, a say in the running of the club? Give them a discounted membership.

The good old days are long gone for us sadly, too many heart breaks for our supporters and to be honest I don't blame people for giving up, 2 relegations in a row then bottom of the Third Divison then from there we have usually been bottom half of the table ever since goin on how long nearly 10 years ? it's a joke 

The good old days are long gone for us sadly, too many heart breaks for our supporters and to be honest I don't blame people for giving up, 2 relegations in a row then bottom of the Third Divison then from there we have usually been bottom half of the table ever since goin on how long nearly 10 years ? it's a joke 

But remember it's all the fans fault [emoji6]
Anyway don't worry maybe one year we will reach the dizzy heights of league 1 and the entire squad will be inducted into the hall of fame
We can all dream

If only we had the money from the food outlets at broadwood [emoji54]

Archived