CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stefan McCluskey's a Pollok player these days. Must be some money getting thrown about there.

Bristol just took a young left back straight from Hurlford, too. Can't help but think we're missing out when you read this sort of stuff...

Few Junior and Lowland teams I'd fancy to  do really well in this league.

8 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Stefan McCluskey's a Pollok player these days. Must be some money getting thrown about there.

Bristol just took a young left back straight from Hurlford, too. Can't help but think we're missing out when you read this sort of stuff...

McCluskey is a expert at taking the money & running

Any word on when Lowden will be available for selection after his long term injury?

He's recently been taking part in the warm ups before games so I'd imagine he must be getting close.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing him play again

17 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Stefan McCluskey is on £10 less a week that he was getting at Alloa last season, whatever that was.

8 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Any word on when Lowden will be available for selection after his long term injury?

He's recently been taking part in the warm ups before games so I'd imagine he must be getting close.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing him play again

Will be interesting to see where he plays, when fully fit. Stewart's too good a player to drop out the side totally

This discusssion is dull but might as well.

For not a team player, only McColm had more assists in his two seasons (and he started in more games). He worked hard every game to create space for Fergie and McColm with his movement from inside to out. He found pockets of space everywhere. Would drop deep and go in behind. He genuinely added depth and width to our attack which is a rare combination. Not the best technically and not quick either.

He then went on to play regularly for full-time Morton for two seasons before stupidly turning down a contract. No doubt he's lost his way since then.

Good League 2 player, not great, but 13/14 McCluskey is better than every attacking player we have now bar Goodwillie. Funny how it's the same people who wouldn't have Alan Trouten (better than a 1 in 3 record from midfield at a higher level).

For not a team player, only McColm had more assists in his two seasons (and he started in more games). He worked hard every game to create space for Fergie and McColm with his movement from inside to out. He found pockets of space everywhere. Would drop deep and go in behind. He genuinely added depth and width to our attack which is a rare combination. Not the best technically and not quick either.
He then went on to play regularly for full-time Morton for two seasons before stupidly turning down a contract. No doubt he's lost his way since then.
Good League 2 player, not great, but 13/14 McCluskey is better than every attacking player we have now bar Goodwillie. Funny how it's the same people who wouldn't have Alan Trouten (better than a 1 in 3 record from midfield at a higher level).

Trouten now mccluskey go on go for the jackpot kettlewell [emoji23]

So basically you are saying not good technically and not quick but runs about a lot

You really should saved yourself the time typing all that and cut and pasted Johnny Dapp post [emoji23]

Once the 200 club money starts coming in they might use that for a player or two [emoji106]

Hopefully. I think we have a staring 11 that would do well in the league but a few injuries and we could well really struggle. A Centre Mid and a Centre back would be great.

29 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

So basically you are saying not good technically and not quick but runs about a lot

You really should saved yourself the time typing all that and cut and pasted Johnny Dapp post emoji23.png

No. I'm saying all the stuff in the post you've now quoted twice.

Trouten has been decent with just about every club he has been with, us the exception, maybe that is down to John Brown I don't know. To chicken hearted for my liking and Kettlewell , one of the biggest wastes of a Clyde shirt I have ever seen, came with a glowing reputation what a real disappointment he turned out to be.

David W has already covered it but, McCluskey got 13 goals and 11 assists in one season without (as far as I can remember) taking penalties or corners. He was a moany wee p***k at times and I can understand not liking him but not rating him as a player (purely based on his time with us) is just stupid.

Gormley is far more of a headless chicken than McCluskey and doesn’t use his effort to effect the game nearly as well.

David W has already covered it but, McCluskey got 13 goals and 11 assists in one season without (as far as I can remember) taking penalties or corners. He was a moany wee p***k at times and I can understand not liking him but not rating him as a player (purely based on his time with us) is just stupid.

Gormley is far more of a headless chicken than McCluskey and doesn’t use his effort to effect the game nearly as well.

If my memory is correct, McCluskey only came onto something approaching form during the last four months of his two seasons with us. That's not good enough for me.

Gormley scored 15 and had 11 assists last season.
Therefore using stats Gormley can be considered better than McCluskey.

I trust my own eyes. I don't rate either of them.

Archived