CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, he said a blatantly racist comment, within earshot of witnesses, on his debut for a new club. What an idiot. How thick do you need to be? He's let the club down and his new team-mates and manager.

From what that article says, this sounds open and shut and Clyde need to take a clear stand here. It's absolutely inexcusable. It's not a situation they can paint as rehabilitation, or even considered by some to be a grey area (like another player). Contract should be terminated.

2 minutes ago, David W said:

So, he said a blatantly racist comment, within earshot of witnesses, on his debut for a new club. What an idiot. How thick do you need to be? He's let the club down and his new team-mates and manager.

From what that article says, this sounds open and shut and Clyde need to take a clear stand here. It's absolutely inexcusable. It's not a situation they can paint as rehabilitation, or even considered by some to be a grey area (like another player). Contract should be terminated.

Allegedly. Media reports have had the defender making comments at Galabank.

Club is conducting an internal review and co-operating with sfa. I’ll resort to calling him an idiot and calling for his sacking once as many facts have been established.

i do  find it surprising however that there was no on field reaction of note to these comments or by these witnesses. There certainly was a lot of rage to the post match assault 

Allegedly. Media reports have had the defender making comments at Galabank.
Club is conducting an internal review and co-operating with sfa. I’ll resort to calling him an idiot and calling for his sacking once as many facts have been established.
i do  find it surprising however that there was no on field reaction of note to these comments or by these witnesses. There certainly was a lot of rage to the post match assault 

There’s a hell of a lot of smoke round this for there not to be a fire, don’t you think?

Dont believe this at all. Love played at Annan, Brechin, st mirren, etc and good conduct (apart from butting someone haha) and not a word of racial abuse. It's went from calling him one thing to making repeated and varied racist comments. Bullshit. 

And funny how nothing was complained about during the game but they were all on the bandwagon to complain after the fact. Of it was a constant stream of abuse then they would've complained during it. Don't believe it.

Read Rabin Omar's Twitter feed.... got the "n" word throughout, homophobic in parts and talks about "closet racists".   Funny how this has grew and grew. The club needs to get behind the players and show them that they will be protected. Innocent until proven guilty, the club doesn't need him banned. He's got ability, pace and can score a goal, all of which we need to survive and we need that in the side to win more games! League table looks dire. 

Dont believe this at all. Love played at Annan, Brechin, st mirren, etc and good conduct (apart from butting someone haha) and not a word of racial abuse. It's went from calling him one thing to making repeated and varied racist comments. Bullshit. 
Read Rabin Omar's Twitter feed.... got the "n" word throughout, homophobic in parts and talks about "closet racists".   Funny how this has grew and grew. The club needs to get behind the players and show them that they will be protected. Innocent until proven guilty, the club doesn't need him banned. He's got ability, pace and can score a goal, all of which we need to survive and we need that in the side to win more games! League table looks dire. 

Convinced this is somebody trying to make Clyde fans look bad

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Convinced this is somebody trying to make Clyde fans look bad

Who knows, maybe Annan were in for love as well and he dinghied them for us and this is their revenge lol. 

I definitely saw at least one occasion where there seemed to be animosity between the players (traditionally called "a bit of afters") in the first half. Omar certainly looked very angry.

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I definitely saw at least one occasion where there seemed to be animosity between the players (traditionally called "a bit of afters") in the first half. Omar certainly looked very angry.

Fair enough  - didn’t see that myself. 

Archived