• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The game Shay was racially abused in was his fifth against Celtic (including one friendly for Brentford). He won his first two games for the Dons against Celtic and scored in his third.Celtic fans only seemed to realise he was a "fud" in the sixth game he played against them, which happened to be the first he'd played after being racially abused by a Celtic player. Odd coincidence. 

Well whatdayaknow, seems Celtic football club and it's fans ARE a bunch of dirty racists after all. I'm off to listen to some Screwdriver while i consider my next move. Thanks for taking the time to research that.

On 5/13/2017 at 12:24, Lord Snooty said:

Just as an adjunct to all this IRA stuff. Years ago I attended a Hearts vs Celtic match at Tynecastle. I happened to be in with the Celtic supporters. Some guy came round with a collection tin for the IRA. This was in the days of open terracing. However I have long suspected that any money collected was more likely to be spent on IPA rather than make its way across the sea. Any Celtic supporters remember these characters?

seen something in a pub in shettleston with something like that 1996ish - was a "dead member fund" they were collecting for, most people gave a polite "naw mate", but some were stuffing their coins in. Didn't go back to that pub ever again.

14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

If the Cellic fans want to sing some Irish songs maybe they should learn this one.

naw, cause it's shite.

48 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The game Shay was racially abused in was his fifth against Celtic (including one friendly for Brentford). He won his first two games for the Dons against Celtic and scored in his third.

Celtic fans only seemed to realise he was a "fud" in the sixth game he played against them, which happened to be the first he'd played after being racially abused by a Celtic player. Odd coincidence. 

Are you saying it took the filthy racist Celtic fans 6 games to realise he was black ?

The people who booed Shay, I assume, were either thinking he was a liar or a lee wallace. 

Sometimes there is a good reason to do a lee wallace (like Shay probably did) but guys from the schemes don't get that, and some still think he made it all up. 

If, for example, Rangers fans booed a player for, say, being a Catholic, and that player gave it back to said randomly picked set of fans. Then they changed what they were booing him for, and instead were now booing him because he was now, not a Catholic, but a dick. 

Would you, a Celtic fan, in any way buy that complete and utter nonsense? Or would you, instead, get quite rightly rattled by your player getting discriminatory abuse?

Hypothetically.

Are you saying it took the filthy racist Celtic fans 6 games to realise he was black ?
The people who booed Shay, I assume, were either thinking he was a liar or a lee wallace. 
Sometimes there is a good reason to do a lee wallace (like Shay probably did) but guys from the schemes don't get that, and some still think he made it all up. 

I was referring to the argument that Celtic fans boo Logan because they think he's not a nice person, not because he reported racism. If this was the case, why would they wait so long to do so, especially as he was featuring fairly prominently in games against them before?

The club have to take a lot of the blame imo. Deila and Brown coming out in the media and categorically denying that the incident took place was shameful and probably influenced a lot of Celtic fans' attitudes to the case. It would have been easy for Celtic to simply cut their losses and cancel Tonev's loan contract but he continued to play before and after his suspension. It completely undermines the message they're trying to put across now following the Sinclair incident as well.

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I was referring to the argument that Celtic fans boo Logan because they think he's not a nice person, not because he reported racism. If this was the case, why would they wait so long to do so, especially as he was featuring fairly prominently in games against them before?

The club have to take a lot of the blame imo. Deila and Brown coming out in the media and categorically denying that the incident took place was shameful and probably influenced a lot of Celtic fans' attitudes to the case. It would have been easy for Celtic to simply cut their losses and cancel Tonev's loan contract but he continued to play before and after his suspension. It completely undermines the message they're trying to put across now following the Sinclair incident as well.

i agree entirely 

41 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

seen something in a pub in shettleston with something like that 1996ish - was a "dead member fund" they were collecting for, most people gave a polite "naw mate", but some were stuffing their coins in. Didn't go back to that pub ever again.

The Fairfield by any chance?

12 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Celtic should have cancelled Tonev's contract the minute he was found guilty.  Celtic also handled the whole thing horribly before and after he was found guilty but to claim he should have had his deal cancelled based on an original accusation is daft.  He had the right to be heard out, he was and he was found guilty.  That's when Celtic should have acted.

It can be boiled down easily. Logan was getting booed before he made any gestures towards Celtic supporters, or before he made anything of it to them at all. That's all that needs to be said. All of this "he became a dickhead" stuff is whataboutery to cover for the racist sympathising.

But since when have OF supporters NOT been good at bigot sympathising?

Celtic should have cancelled Tonev's contract the minute he was found guilty.  Celtic also handled the whole thing horribly before and after he was found guilty but to claim he should have had his deal cancelled based on an original accusation is daft.  He had the right to be heard out, he was and he was found guilty.  That's when Celtic should have acted.

Yeah that's probably fair enough.

14 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Can we get back to discussing how shite Aberdeen are?

Yeah and why were Shay and all his mates hiding for the first eleven minutes of the game?

If, for example, Rangers fans booed a player for, say, being a Catholic, and that player gave it back to said randomly picked set of fans. Then they changed what they were booing him for, and instead were now booing him because he was now, not a Catholic, but a dick. 
Would you, a Celtic fan, in any way buy that complete and utter nonsense? Or would you, instead, get quite rightly rattled by your player getting discriminatory abuse?
Hypothetically.

Not getting an answer to this one I don't think.

16 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Not getting an answer to this one I don't think.

No need.  it's already been established that's there's good racist booing and bad...with the caveat that the player brought it on himself.

Archived