Partick Thistle v Celtic

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Tbf I think the game on the Jackie Husband side only had 1 goal in it for the whole 10 minutes they played. But aye, the wee game at HT was much better than our rabble of shitebags embarrassing themselves at home against the OF again.

ETA - Callum Booth has been utterly fucking dire for months now, and was again tonight, although we can maybe let him off a bit with that seeing as Roberts is clearly miles ahead of every non-Celtic player in the league. Thought Lawless had a shocker as well. Possibly a bit harsh to single out anyone in that disjointed mess, but those two were awful.

There was a peach of a Maradona turn by one of the kiddos too!

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm disappointed that I didn't leave after 25 minutes last night as I originally intended, it would have broken my record for leaving early and it would have at least been against a decent team (less said about the fans the better).

Sadly my record remains when we went 4-0 down to Clyde after 35 minutes under Dick Campbell.

Halcyon days. My favourite 'we played shit last night/yesterday but let's remind ourselves of the Dick Campbell era' moment was getting to my seat at Firhill about five minutes after kick-off in a game against St Johnstone (I theenk) to find the bold lads were two goals down.

2 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Halcyon days. My favourite 'we played shit last night/yesterday but let's remind ourselves of the Dick Campbell era' moment was getting to my seat at Firhill about five minutes after kick-off in a game against St Johnstone (I theenk) to find the bold lads were two goals down.

Gretna and I'm sure it was 90 seconds, think of that 90 seconds about 50 was between them scoring the first and us kicking off. Though we actually drew that 2-2.

edit, here we go, 70 seconds according to BBC 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/6256995.stm

edit 2: back to last night, saw a couple of folk leaving after the 2nd goal but I'm sure I saw one guy with a Thistle top on come through the turnstiles at that point, I suppose if you've already paid for your ticket...

13 hours ago, Romeo said:

For a game the Thistle lads expected to lose they are taking it very, very badly.

Yeah, after all, shipping five goals at home without a response is what you expect from your team.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Gretna and I'm sure it was 90 seconds, think of that 90 seconds about 50 was between them scoring the first and us kicking off. Though we actually drew that 2-2.

Ouch and ouch. I guess it just all blurs into one watery shart of a memory.

16 hours ago, milhouse said:

Correct, completely shameful that we do this.

Plenty at the club who are comfortable enough with writing off 18/24 points per season against Celtic/Sevco and not interested in being competitive.

See the badge and shit ourselves, probably more than any other team in the country. There is an entire culture of "knowing our place" behind these 2 at Thistle. 

This does appear to be true - and against the sleeping midgets of European football, too. (Both of them.)

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

I was literally handing over my money to the turnstile operator just as the second goal flew in. I was in Munns five minutes later.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

I was literally handing over my money to the turnstile operator just as the second goal flew in. I was in Munns five minutes later.

^^^^Admitting he doesn't even go to the games kind of post.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

edit 2: back to last night, saw a couple of folk leaving after the 2nd goal but I'm sure I saw one guy with a Thistle top on come through the turnstiles at that point, I suppose if you've already paid for your ticket...

I got in slightly late to that game and at half time I was quite happy with us being one up until I met someone in the concourse who soon put me right. TBF Gretna scoring twice while I was walking up behind the JHS and then going through the turnstile didn't generate much noise. 

9 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's exactly the opposite tbf.

Well, not really. He was intending to go but admits he got to the gate and then didn't bother.

Just to reiterate what has already been said, we were never once in the game and could barely get near Celtic who were extremely impressive.

Without taking anything away from Celtic, what I don't think can be underestimated is the effect of having the entire away support in the JH stand for the Old Firm games. It was a great support last night, one of the best I've seen at Firhill, but it was our home game and never felt like it for a second.

Ultimately, it's more financially lucrative for us to house the Old Firm support in the JH, and if that allows us an extra few quid to compete better with teams around us then so be it. But I don't see these fixtures being any less frustrating next season and more folk are going to decide to just stay away.

Little point in doing too much post-mortem analysis other than to say we got our arses well and truly felt. Booth was very rash to give away the penalty but by that point, Celtic were unfortunate not to already be one, possibly two goals up; it wasn't as if we were in the game at that point and it turned it on its head. I think Booth has suffered slightly this season from having no real competition so I'm hopeful Penrice can challenge him next year.

Brown was excellent for Celtic last night, best player on the pitch; how he wasn't nominated for Player of the Year beats me. 

If you'd left after 25 minutes you'd have missed the highlight of the evening, which was the two games between the Thistle Weir kids.

The black kid's going to be about 8 ft tall by the time he's 19. Sign him up.

Well done to all the fans clapping the kids playing on the pitch at the match it meant a lot to them and thank you to the Celtic fans for also joining in the clapping and cheering when they scored this is what football should be. 

Archived