Dundee United VS Hamilton | Hamilton VS Dundee United

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

All this pish about favouring the Premiership team? Baws. The Championship teams are not good enough.

Correct - the bottom line is that there is definitely a gap in quality between the teams in the Championship and the Premiership, and it has shown every year apart from Hibs, who managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

That's Simon Murray.

Please keep.

[emoji48]

He's just signed for the Hibees this afternoon.... The other ginger c*** must have lost the plot signing Murray after his performances in the playoff finals....

5 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Most teams would, you're right. I was more trying to make a general point about rewarding mediocrity. The play offs effectively do that at any level. 

Until very recently, the 'mediocrity' of finishing 11th in our top flight, was rewarded with a guaranteed spot in the same division the following season.

The play-offs actually do more to potentially punish such a finish than had been the case for many years.

50 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Until very recently, the 'mediocrity' of finishing 11th in our top flight, was rewarded with a guaranteed spot in the same division the following season.

The play-offs actually do more to potentially punish such a finish than had been the case for many years.

I did say one up one down isn't fair in my original post. It was a ridiculous state of affairs.

While I'm glad to see them introduced I don't think the format is right. 

Agree 4th going up isn't right. It works both ways though. Why after finishing second bottom in a twelve team league should Hamilton not be thanking their lucky stars they got another chance. The way Hamilton celebrated yesterday was ridiculous in the grand scheme of things (celebrating mediocrity). One up one down was wrong - let's not let it shape our thinking.
The lower league play offs actually serve their intended purpose, which is to give all teams something to play for over the course of the whole season. That generally happens. It can result in some fairly undeserved outcomes though. 

In England you have three going down from 20, 24 & four down from 24 & two down from 24. I think two down from 12 is too high a rate of attrition and would breed far more fear laden football.

Did you say it was wrong when Motherwell and Kilmarnock celebrated staying up? Cheer up, you old bugger!