Glasgow crime

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

I was staying in Glasgow city centre the night of the Scotland England game, Bridge street in the Gorbals to be precise and I went to the Sainsbury's there and there were about 40 youths hanging around menacingly, some of them were on bikes going round in circles. It reminded me from a few scenes from the film training day. I used to live there 12/13 years ago and it despite some of the taller buildings being knocked down the chavs were the exact same. The youths that I saw there were likely the offspring of the ones that used to hang about there all those years ago when I was unfortunate enough to be living there.

That's not Glasgow City Centre. I'm sure someone, possibly@KnightswoodBear, drew a handy map once for the hard of thinking. There isn't a Sainsbury's in that part of Glasgow either, far too downmarket. Were you drunk when this happened?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/27/2015 at 08:59, KnightswoodBear said:

I've helpfully sketched out the City Centre so we can put this whole sorry episode to bed.

Anyone who disagrees is a c**t.

post-9645-0-48902500-1448614710_thumb.jp

3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

That's not Glasgow City Centre. I'm sure someone, possibly@KnightswoodBear, drew a handy map once for the hard of thinking. There isn't a Sainsbury's in that part of Glasgow either, far too downmarket. Were you drunk when this happened?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

^^^Running a crime family of his own IMO.

Nah, just based on limited experiences from my dim and distant past.

That's not Glasgow City Centre. I'm sure someone, possibly[mention=9645]KnightswoodBear[/mention], drew a handy map once for the hard of thinking. There isn't a Sainsbury's in that part of Glasgow either, far too downmarket. Were you drunk when this happened?

It was a somerfield when lived there in 2004 time and I was confused! Is it a Morrisons now? I'm talking about the one near to the gorbals gym. You're wrong though as it is the city centre according to kb's map.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

It was a somerfield when lived there in 2004 time and I was confused! Is it a Morrisons now? I'm talking about the one near to the gorbals gym. You're wrong though as it is the city centre according to kb's map.

^^^Can't read maps. South of the River isn't the City Centre.

Co-Op in Crown Street?

36 minutes ago, throbber said:

Glasgow city centre is entirely on the north bank of the Clyde.

Therefore Gorbals, Laurieston, Govan etc are not city centre.

There's a Spar down there on Bridge Street.  I used to work one street up from there and it was quite 'interesting' to say the least. I'm not sure what it is but there was/is a sort of a rehab/hostel place down there and there was always a lot of shady characters handing around.

One day this guy came down with this huge and evil pitbull dog on the sort of chain you'd moor a large boat with and proceeded to batter multiple patrons of the hostel and then set his dog on one.

However while some places are better than others and some still need a lot of improvement just about everywhere in Glasgow is much much safer than it was in the 80's or 90's. I used to do voluntary work in some of the worst areas and then is pretty much incomparable with now.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I was staying in Glasgow city centre the night of the Scotland England game, Bridge street in the Gorbals to be precise and I went to the Sainsbury's there and there were about 40 youths hanging around menacingly, some of them were on bikes going round in circles. It reminded me from a few scenes from the film training day. I used to live there 12/13 years ago and it despite some of the taller buildings being knocked down the chavs were the exact same. The youths that I saw there were likely the offspring of the ones that used to hang about there all those years ago when I was unfortunate enough to be living there.

Of all the places in Glasgow to stay, you chose the Gorbals.

:1eye

I never chose to stay there myself it was just where I needed to stay at that time. I was young and naive.

That ex Somerfield that I was referring to is now a Co-op I just remembered! Full of roasters around there for sure, a real culture shock when I first moved.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I never chose to stay there myself it was just where I needed to stay at that time. I was young and naive.

That ex Somerfield that I was referring to is now a Co-op I just remembered! Full of roasters around there for sure, a real culture shock when I first moved.

I've lived in Gorbals for over 6 years, and I honestly can't remember seeing gangs of Neds around there (or anywhere else for that matter) a single time. Obviously the area has improved since I arrived. :lol:

I've lived in Gorbals for over 6 years, and I honestly can't remember seeing gangs of Neds around there (or anywhere else for that matter) a single time. Obviously the area has improved since I arrived. :lol:

There was loads of them, it was like the Blazin squad!

I was at Inversnaid earlier today. Lovely day for the tourists with a bit of sun coming through, light breeze to keep the midges away, still water and mountain reflections across Loch Lomond broken only by the ferry gliding along the liquid mirror, the refreshing tumble of water down the adjacent waterfall and big signs cable-tied to the jetty saying MURDER with details of the Glasgow case and those still at large. Nice.

• 1 year later...

Thought with the drive by murder in Airdrie (I know its not Glasgow but close enough) it would be timely to bump this thread.  I think its safe to say that the gangster problem is still ongoing.  

Anyone ever shot someone whilst driving past in a car?

44 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Thought with the drive by murder in Airdrie (I know its not Glasgow but close enough) it would be timely to bump this thread.  I think its safe to say that the gangster problem is still ongoing.  

Anyone ever shot someone whilst driving past in a car?

I had to shoot my load out my car window when I was riding a lass in the back seats of a Ford Granada parked up outside the Polish Consulate on a winter night in 1989.

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Glasgow is hoaching with wee bams and every single one is a burden to society.

Getting them to thin each other out is a positive thing.

You should move to the USA.  With you’re enlightened view on dealing with social problems you would fit right in.

19 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Glasgow is hoaching with wee bams and every single one is a burden to society.

Getting them to thin each other out is a positive thing.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You should move to the USA.  With you’re enlightened view on dealing with social problems you would fit right in.

Is that a double whoosh from G D?

Or have I completely missed the point?

Archived