The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Can fully understand Henderson wanting to leave for more regular football, which he wasn't going to get with the system Robinson deployed last season. It's a shame as he looked like he had plenty of potential and I'd love to have kept him.

Be interesting to see if we're getting the full compensation or have cut a deal that includes a sell on. 

Not sure that's worth the while? Hibs with McGinn was different as we knew they'd get a good fee for him for sure - would we trust County to get that with Henderson?

Despite who the manager currently is, that's a decent move for Henderson. On the cusp of being a reliable first team player, needed another year perhaps out on loan, but if he can get a platform at County then it'll be interesting to see how his development goes. For a youngster, the lifestyle and lack of shit to do up in the Highlands keeps temptation away. He had 6 months at Inverness so must know the vibe by now.

5 minutes ago, SS77 said:

I don’t think he’ll get the regular game time he’s after up at County either but time will tell.

Yeah, surprised to see him going to another Premiership club. Staying at Caley Thistle would probably have been best but guess they couldn't have afforded him.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not sure that's worth the while? Hibs with McGinn was different as we knew they'd get a good fee for him for sure - would we trust County to get that with Henderson?

Probably not - but I didn't see them getting a hefty chunk for Ross Stewart either.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Realistic chance its £150k+, unless you lot are just writing off Brophy. 

About a month ago Roy MacGregor was mewling to the papers about how other bottom six clubs should be cutting back their spending as its unsustainable 😂

This coming from the chairman of the most unsustainable business model in Scottish football no less.  Using money from Oil and Gas to fund a football club is wild.

3 minutes ago, SS77 said:

I don’t think he’ll get the regular game time he’s after up at County either but time will tell.

Hard to believe that we could get 6 figures for him AND offload the wolf at the same time - but that's football. 

The pendulum swings from selling players on the cheap to money for old rope.

It'll be quickly spent on C. M.

Always disappointed to lose a promising young player but the fact is Henderson isn't going to play. County is probably a good move for him. I think a lot of County players end up living in Inverness, so he'll know the area and must be fairly happy.

On his day Brophy is a good Premiership striker, unfortunately you could count the amount of 'his days' he's had since signing for us on one hand. I can understand folk saying that he wouldn't move for less money, but given his age I don't think he has much of a choice. If he hangs around (remember no appearance fees etc if he's sat in the stand) then he becomes even less desireable when his contract ends. If he can jump ship to County now - even on a bit less money - there's a chance he could be earning that wage for a few more years, as opposed to signing for Morton or someone when his contract with us expires.

The fact Brophy is leaving 2.5 years after arriving and yet still to score a single goal in Paisley* says all you need to know.

He's shown quality in flashes but they really have been very few and far between and given the extraordinary contract he was on it's tremendous news to get him off the books.

Wish him all the best but a good move for all concerned.

* I know full well he will now score for County at St.Mirren Park next season.

37 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I don't think much of you were complaining at the time, though?

From memory, most raised an eyebrow over the signing - and particularly the rumoured wage he was on - but gave Goodwin and Brophy the bebefit of the doubt.

Almost 3 years on and it has been an unmitigated disaster.

Getting him off the books may be our best piece of business this summer.

Best of luck to him though. 

County got an announcement going out at noon so assume it will be one of our two. Doubt they would announce both at the same time?

Or it could be the boy Max Sheaf who is seemingly on his way North.

We will find out in 17 mins.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

the utter morons who despise Robinson to have another meltdown.

Are there any of them left? I thought they all quietly returned to their caves after failing on their predictions of Stubbs like performances and CERTAIN relegation.

7 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

We are trying to put a deal together for Fletcher according to R.W. 

You should catch up with other posts before you post old news.

I know you get a hard time on here, but help yourself 

Had a wee laugh at this... St. MIRREN PLAYERS VALUED AT £13 MILLION.

That's not the funny part... look at the indivual values as well as who they still have listed - ( I make it we've lost £6 Million from those who have left if you include Brophy too)

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/teams/gb-sct/st-mirren

Edited by medals

1 hour ago, Div said:

The fact Brophy is leaving 2.5 years after arriving and yet still to score a single goal in Paisley* says all you need to know.

He's shown quality in flashes but they really have been very few and far between and given the extraordinary contract he was on it's tremendous news to get him off the books.

Wish him all the best but a good move for all concerned.

* I know full well he will now score for County at St.Mirren Park next season.

This. It didn’t work out for Brophy at St Mirren, but he was never the target of the boo boys, and the support never once turned on him. If anything, we were willing him to do well. If he plays against us I don’t think for one minute he’ll be particularly singled out for a right good ‘welcome back to the North Bank side of the ground’ type of greeting.

If he came over to take an early throw in, he’d likely get a ripple of applause, then nothing.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

This. It didn’t work out for Brophy at St Mirren, but he was never the target of the boo boys, and the support never once turned on him. If anything, we were willing him to do well. If he plays against us I don’t think for one minute he’ll be particularly singled out for a right good ‘welcome back to the North Bank side of the ground’ type of greeting.

If he came over to take an early throw in, he’d likely get a ripple of applause, then nothing.

He wasn't a target for the boo boys because generally when he played, he played quite well. The problem was he was never fit enough to get a run of games.

9 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

He wasn't a target for the boo boys because generally when he played, he played quite well. The problem was he was never fit enough to get a run of games.

Ok, he could continue to be regularly injured but I wouldn't be surprised if he scored about 15 next season. He and White looked to work well together. 

If he stays fit, those 2 will keep RC up.

Just hope his goals are against our rivals.