The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

46 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That must mean that Neil will is going to be our Director of football.:rolleyes:

I can’t even read the guy’s name without wanting an Oasis/Beatles compilation to listen to in the car. Today has to be the day though, surely. The big Friday afternoon multi-signing reveal. The mystery striker pops out of a big cake to shouts of ‘Ta Dah!’ from Robbo’, dressed as the circus ringmaster from ‘The Greatest Showman’. The Haining/Dargo/Mason/Howard day. All holding scarves while Campbell Kennedy drives past in the background in his new Toyosi Hybrid, with ‘Definitely Maybe’ blasting out in tribute to any new signings (and our Top 6 and League Cup hopes.)

I’ll frankly be disappointed if this doesn’t happen now. Get it sorted MacPherson.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

We released him at the end of the season.

The Burgh Twitter announcement said that they had "signed him from St.Mirren". :rolleyes:

They've already got two 'keepers.

Aye I think they wanted to be seen as if they had signed him directly from us.

They are linked with Allan McGregor now too so that would the other 3 keepers down the pecking order

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I can’t even read the guy’s name without wanting an Oasis/Beatles compilation to listen to in the car. Today has to be the day though, surely. The big Friday afternoon multi-signing reveal. The mystery striker pops out of a big cake to shouts of ‘Ta Dah!’ from Robbo’, dressed as the circus ringmaster from ‘The Greatest Showman’. The Haining/Dargo/Mason/Howard day. All holding scarves while Campbell Kennedy drives past in the background in his new Toyosi Hybrid, with ‘Definitely Maybe’ blasting out in tribute to any new signings (and our Top 6 and League Cup hopes.)

I’ll frankly be disappointed if this doesn’t happen now. Get it sorted MacPherson.

Ah, but when the signings are complete, will we have doidged a bullet...?

8 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Any bars at the ground or surrounding areas....some Loons travelling down on the train tomorrow.

There aren’t any decent pubs that close to the stadium.

Buy your train ticket to Paisley St James but get off at Paisley Gilmour Street and have your pre match pints in the town centre.

Bankhouse, Argyll and Court bars are decent and within 2 mins walk of Gilmour Street.

Then if you are lazy you go back to the station and get the 1451 train to Paisley  St James which drops you right at the away end at 1453 🎉

17 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Dunne out for approx 3 weeks 

Manager Stephen Robinson said:

“He is not as bad as we first feared, we are looking probably about three weeks with Charles. So it is obviously a blow for us – but not as bad as we thought it was going to be. He has had a scan, he will be a similar time frame as Keanu (Baccus, who previously had a calf injury) so hopefully three weeks and he will be back available again. It is one of those things. Every club is going to be the same, picking up injuries. We have got boys who can step in and sometimes through someone’s bad luck you end up finding someone who appears from nowhere and they take it by the scruff of the neck and become a player that you didn’t see.”

13 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Manager Stephen Robinson said:

“He is not as bad as we first feared, we are looking probably about three weeks with Charles. So it is obviously a blow for us – but not as bad as we thought it was going to be. He has had a scan, he will be a similar time frame as Keanu (Baccus, who previously had a calf injury) so hopefully three weeks and he will be back available again. It is one of those things. Every club is going to be the same, picking up injuries. We have got boys who can step in and sometimes through someone’s bad luck you end up finding someone who appears from nowhere and they take it by the scruff of the neck and become a player that you didn’t see.”

3 weeks is good in that it does mean we won't need to go looking for cover for him. We should comfortably get through with numbers we have.

44 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Any bars at the ground or surrounding areas....some Loons travelling down on the train tomorrow.

Loons! That explains the union flag tbsouth. Suggest you don’t wear one if visiting any pub in Paisley

9 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I woder if Bolton might be chucked straight into the mix.

Fraser, Taylor, Kenny, Bolton and Gogic are the choices for the back 3. Can see Bolton atleast getting 45 mins

I would start him v Forfar but feel Robinson might go safe with Gogic as the middle of the 3

I really like Dunne, but Taylor ended the season really well, offers the same pace as Dunne and is no way a downgrade so 3 weeks is manageable. Hopefully it's a struggle for Dunne to get back in 

Edited by Stan Bo

27 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Loons! That explains the union flag tbsouth. Suggest you don’t wear one if visiting any pub in Paisley

I was hoping he was taking the piss - that badge in his avatar is the widely-mocked one that says '31rd January'. But maybe he wasn't.