The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Three former Saints in the squad - and a former Saint as manager.

Now we just need a current player to get a cap...

Four. You've forgotten Shankland.

But for a horrific injury hit season, Ross Stewart will have almost certainly been there as well.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Four. You've forgotten Shankland.

But for a horrific injury hit season, Ross Stewart will have almost certainly been there as well.

Easily done given his second spell with us.

32 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Two top 6 finishes have gone to your head.

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Indeed. I’m enjoying it while it lasts. 😃

Was away to make a "we'll see things they'll never see" post in defence of Motherwell here, then realised it's actually them that's not won a trophy in forever.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Two top 6 finishes have gone to your head.

Not me. They've gone straight to my cock. I've been tumescent ever since Europe was secured. It's actually pretty tiring.

5 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Sunderland fans can breathe a sigh of relief that their footballing philosophy is safe.

Unfortunately for them their philosophy seems to be based on being absolutely shite.:lol:

Just now, Dirty Sanchez said:

That Sunderland forum has got a bizarre amount of guys obsessed with a manager's win percentage, with scant consideration of his resources relative to the other teams in the league.

It’s like the English version of an old firm forum, full of entitled delusional morons.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

It’s like the English version of an old firm forum, full of entitled delusional morons.

Without the baggage fortunately.

Edited by pozbaird

11 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

That Sunderland forum has got a bizarre amount of guys obsessed with a manager's win percentage, with scant consideration of his resources relative to the other teams in the league.

At the risk of going all "old man shouts at cloud" there is far too much reliance on data these days without looking at the bigger picture - that goes for stuff like this, signings and countless other stuff.

Whenever I see folk getting obsessed with dribble completion, successful tackles ratio and whatever other nonsense that weirdo on Twitter used to dismiss Robinson for Aberdeen, I'm reminded of stuff in F1 where engineers are so obsessed with their allegedly super-accurate weather forecasting software that they don't bother to look at the sky to see what's really happening is totally different to their "data".

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

At the risk of going all "old man shouts at cloud" there is far too much reliance on data these days without looking at the bigger picture - that goes for stuff like this, signings and countless other stuff.

Whenever I see folk getting obsessed with dribble completion, successful tackles ratio and whatever other nonsense that weirdo on Twitter used to dismiss Robinson for Aberdeen, I'm reminded of stuff in F1 where engineers are so obsessed with their allegedly super-accurate weather forecasting software that they don't bother to look at the sky to see what's really happening is totally different to their "data".

95A0CDAD-E574-4393-9CB7-3A554663A8F8.jpeg