The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I haven't believed a word of Robbo's proclamations along the lines of "That's it for signings. The squad is complete " since he arrived.

Despite what he says, I'm sure there will be funds released for a player to sort the issue you refer to, if he feels it's necessary.

I also reckon we'll see a right sided CB of some sort arriving too.

Hope so. I still feel we are 2 short. A RCB and a striker would be good. 

Not surprised to see someone leave as well. 

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I haven't believed a word of Robbo's proclamations along the lines of "That's it for signings. The squad is complete " since he arrived.

Despite what he says, I'm sure there will be funds released for a player to sort the issue you refer to, if he feels it's necessary.

I also reckon we'll see a right sided CB of some sort arriving too.

Gate receipts from our home game against Valur should fund another player , if either McLean or Erhahon get transferred we will also get a small cut so there's probably a couple of bob in the kitty to strengthen .

Part of me though would like to see Ethan Sutherland and Fraser Taylor. get a chance filling in for Kiltie and McMenamin.  

Can still see us bringing in another two . 

No stream for tonight's game was hoping could watch the full game tomorrow on Saints TV.  Keep the reports coming in tonight folks. The way Robinson is talking think your going to see the starting 111 for the European game tonight. 

7 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

No stream for tonight's game was hoping could watch the full game tomorrow on Saints TV.  Keep the reports coming in tonight folks. The way Robinson is talking think your going to see the starting 111 for the European game tonight. 

Might be a good time to make the annual investment in Pampers shares 😅

27 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

If we can play 111 players I'd be really confident, an attacking 32-38-40 formation perhaps?

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

The Callum Davidson approach to squad building.

St Mirren field 111 players, five minutes in, from the West Bank… ‘Get a sub on Robinson, get it changed, this isnae’ working!’

Flights from Dublin with Play (Icelandair's low-cost airline)

Screenshot_20240719_144941_AdblockBrowser.thumb.jpg.c8a4171efb5f06fdae4044ed7c4253ed.jpg

Can't check return to Dublin since Ryanair still appear to be affected by the outage.

4 nights in Reykjavik though, you'd need to take out a 2nd mortgage. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Screenshot_20240719_144941_AdblockBrowser.thumb.jpg.c8a4171efb5f06fdae4044ed7c4253ed.jpg

Can't check return to Dublin since Ryanair still appear to be affected by the outage.

4 nights in Reykjavik though, you'd need to take out a 2nd mortgage. 

5-6 quid a beer sticking to happy hours is Glasgow prices, our hotel is 130 each for 3 nights inc breakfast. It's not really much different to any other European city these days. It's bark is way worse than it's bite. The flights we booked at ht last night were about 460 return out via Dublin with Ryanair and Icelandair. Back direct to Edinburgh with Easyjet.  That's Wed to Saturday. Travel light, under seat rucksack only is the way, not a problem for 3 nights.

You can play the happy hour game no problem, it's become a "thing" as the previous poster mentions in his post of the specific app. Fill up on the hotel breakfast buffet and then something later on will be our tactic. Basically buying one "meal" a day.

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m still thinking along the lines of maybe a six month loan deal for a player who can give us cover for Conor McMenamin or Gregg Kiltie.

Possibly a couple of young players going out on loan would fund such a move? Or maybe Robbo thinks we can go with the current squad, until both players come back from injury.

Might we try for Kieron Bowie, a name previously linked with us and now also with Hibs?

Was there an issue on him coming to Scotland previously, something about development at under 21?

No doubt some younger lads will go out

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Unfortunately , the reason that there are no cheapos from Glasgow now is because they (Icelandair and Play) are two separate entities altogether. Play operated into Glasgow last year , Icelandair upped the size of their aircraft and brought their fares down and chased Play off the route. Last year at this time both the airlines were charging between 200 and 300 gbp return. 

That team tonight will be on that starts next week I think

Straight 352

Elvis-Fraser-Goga-Taylor-Brown

Smyth-CBM-OHara

Mika-Olusanya

Too soon possibly for Iacovitti to start ahead of Taylor 

Rooney not on bench and as he's been struggling he won't be match fit. Only ? Could be Tanser for Brown but Brown has been excellent in preseason and I don't think Scott will be fully fit.