The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Do folk think Tanser will get his place back tonight or do you think Robbo will stick with Brown after his performance in the first leg?

Also do we think Rooney will come in for Elvis? 

Already said I think Brown was excellent but think SR will want some match time in Tanser's legs. 

Think if Rooney is fully fit he'll start.

Now thinking Lacovitti might start too, but we'll soon see

Don't think I'd be rushing to drop Brown, especially if there's doubts over whether Tanser could last the 90. Brown was excellent last week.

I'd be tempted to chuck Rooney in to give us more of an attacking threat down the right. Elvis did ok, but he doesn't have that same threat going forward.

With CBM, I'd like to see Idowu get the nod. When he came on last week, he was always positive, always looking to take on his man and always looked dangerous.

I'm a realist tonight won't be a walk in the park they went to Albania scoring 4 goals. . However I'm expecting a great atmosphere and a Saints win. On Google home pages popped up conference best bets. Top of the list was the Icelandic to put us out the competition . The conference has around 30 games this week are you fu-cking kidding me. LiveScore is that a Greenock company 

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Flight from Jersey cancelled due to fog. No alternatives.

f**kin gutted. 

Oh God I feel your pain mate . I live on Bute winter can be tough ferries won't sail due to weather. When it's such a important game in the clubs history you want to be there.  It's tragic slightly helped by BBC Scotland showing the game live. 

25 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Don't think I'd be rushing to drop Brown, especially if there's doubts over whether Tanser could last the 90. Brown was excellent last week.

I'd be tempted to chuck Rooney in to give us more of an attacking threat down the right. Elvis did ok, but he doesn't have that same threat going forward.

With CBM, I'd like to see Idowu get the nod. When he came on last week, he was always positive, always looking to take on his man and always looked dangerous.

Agree with all that.

I think we'll stick with the 3-5-2, certainly to begin with, and I would absolutely play Idowu over Smyth in the 10 role. Rooney in at RWB. Possibly Adeniran for CBM if he's injured still.

38 minutes ago, shull said:

IMG_20240801_154417_0.jpg

This looks to be in a very similar style to a programme I have upstairs for the game in the 80's via Slavia Prague. I'm sure it's not a coincidence.

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

This looks to be in a very similar style to a programme I have upstairs for the game in the 80's via Slavia Prague. I'm sure it's not a coincidence.

Screenshot_20240801-163207~2.png

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Agreed re Brown & Rooney.

I think CBM is a replacement for Erhahon and what helped Robinson’s 3-5-2 work in the first instance, allowing O’Hara and another to push forward. He’s more likely to sit back and take the ball off the back 3. I don’t know an awful lot about Smyth & Idowu but I don’t think that’s their game, seems more Adeniran’s game. I would think Adeniran would get a game as replacement otherwise we’d have 3 similar midfielders in there. 

35 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Just had a thought....where is resident doom monger poster elvis these days? He must be even more hacked off than usual that we're doing well😇

Arguing with faraway as usual   🤣

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

And similar to this one. Disappointing night that was. 

Screenshot_20240801-163624~2.png

56 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Just had a thought....where is resident doom monger poster elvis these days? He must be even more hacked off than usual that we're doing well😇

Did he not get banned?

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

One of my favourite games ever