The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

7 hours ago, Friskysteed said:

Really!! If you are Doonhame, then I would have thought that a Wednesday night would be a bit of a problem. Moving it to a free Saturday is a plus in my book 

I get a Saturday game suits most people but I’ll not be in the country on 21 September. 

10 hours ago, Friskysteed said:

Really!! If you are Doonhame, then I would have thought that a Wednesday night would be a bit of a problem. Moving it to a free Saturday is a plus in my book 

It absolutely is! Makes a change that a fixture switch works in my favour for once.

SR on the Celtic game: CBM out for 3 weeks; Adeniran should be back next week; MoH a possible for tomorrow; looks like Phillips could start but lacking match fitness.

From a supporter's point of view, good news about the Hearts game. A Saturday afternoon in September definitely preferable to a Wednesday night in the middle of a Scottish winter. From a football point of view, probably suits Hearts more than us as the game's now played before their busy European schedule rather than in the midst of it.

3 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

SR on the Celtic game: CBM out for 3 weeks; Adeniran should be back next week; MoH a possible for tomorrow; looks like Phillips could start but lacking match fitness.

From a supporter's point of view, good news about the Hearts game. A Saturday afternoon in September definitely preferable to a Wednesday night in the middle of a Scottish winter. From a football point of view, probably suits Hearts more than us as the game's now played before their busy European schedule rather than in the midst of it.

Not too worried about the fixture move. It's the common sense decision all round.

2 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

That suppers our chances of moving him on before the transfer window closes.

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That suppers our chances of moving him on before the transfer window closes.

Much rather we kept him - when he’s fully fit he’s one of our best players.

Just seeing Dundee's proposed new ground complex - it is very impressive. 

I know it is unpopular to suggest anything against fan ownership, but we couldnt even dream to such levels.

Yes, we are currently doing amazing and there are often negatives being owned by individuals or corporately. 

So in my opinion, we must capitalise to as high a level as we can. 

For me that means a bit more risk. Not crazy high risk but improving the quality of the squad and selling players over the half a million plus teritory.

Not an easy task, but surely better than falling from 5th best quite far or losing fan ownership. 

1 hour ago, SS77 said:

Much rather we kept him - when he’s fully fit he’s one of our best players.

I know I'm probably in the minority, and Robbo seems to love him, but I don't see it I'm afraid.

No goal threat, doesn't break up play, too slow across the ground and goes missing way too often.

He can make the occasional good pass and his set plays were decent last season, but have been dreadful this season.

Edited by FTOF

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Don't see it I'm afraid.

No goal threat, doesn't break up play, too slow across the ground and goes missing way too often.

He can make the occasional good pass and his set plays were decent last season, but have been dreadful this season.

He hasn't started the season well. Could be injuries or head turned with transfer talk. 

I like CBM but he needs a Hugh Murray type alongside him. 

Our midfield will be missing MOH, CBM and Adeniran tomorrow. 

Tough ask for Phillips to hit the ground running tomorrow. 

34 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I know I'm probably in the minority, and Robbo seems to love him, but I don't see it I'm afraid.

You will be in the minority mate but each to their own - thought he was consistently one of our best players in our best league finish in decades.

He’s probably the best passer in the team and never hides from getting on the ball even when things aren’t going for him. I’m sure when he’s fully fit we’ll see the best of him again.

Edited by SS77

I jokingly call him Boyd-Mince.

I fall somewhere between the pretty negative and highly positive opinions above. 

His passing and delivery for me are his biggest assets, but he does cover back well too.

No doubt he's been playing through injury but he is relatively young and still developing too.

Playing with MOH or Baccus/Kwon (last season) he was more confident as there was a clear understanding and they complemented one another.

The new guys not so much, but it's early doors there.

A 6 figure bid says somebody rates him. 

So here's hoping he turns it on until Jan or May for us - then?

3 hours ago, medals said:

Just seeing Dundee's proposed new ground complex - it is very impressive. 

I know it is unpopular to suggest anything against fan ownership, but we couldnt even dream to such levels.

Yes, we are currently doing amazing and there are often negatives being owned by individuals or corporately. 

So in my opinion, we must capitalise to as high a level as we can. 

For me that means a bit more risk. Not crazy high risk but improving the quality of the squad and selling players over the half a million plus teritory.

Not an easy task, but surely better than falling from 5th best quite far or losing fan ownership. 

£93 Million pie in the sky mate will never happen.