The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Top 6 eh? I mean it only took a Motherwell legend in the Boardroom, an ex Motherwell manager and a shed load of ex Motherwell players for you to finally do it but aye, congratulations! 😉

Get the finger out over the next few weeks and it could soon be your turn to make a rip roaring Noel Hunt of yourselves in the European qualifiers in July...

Enjoy yer night! 

5 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Well done Saints on making the top 6. The result today was a bit of a surprise but you have enough about you to pick up acouple of wins in the last 5 games. Enjoy.

It was but Killie, for as poor as we were, were very good today. They came with a game plan and played us off the park in the first half and we had nothing in response.

5th is still there for the taking. A week off and regroup, the last 5 games will be massive and lots of points to be won and dropped all around.

Feels somewhat disappointing to actually achieve something after such an abject performance.

However, we shouldn't forget the performances that got us into the position to achieve our goal.

Won't stop me having a few celebratory alcoholic beverages this evening mind you.:)

I’m looking forward to seeing Tony Fitz driving the open top bus through town with our top 6 trophy being held aloft.

In reality though it is a highly manufactured achievement that actually means very little but it does show as a club how we have progressed both on and off the pitch.

Despite the performance today we have managed 44 points over 33 games, so plenty to be proud of 👍🏻

On 19/07/2022 at 21:14, ford prefect said:

We are terrible. This is Stubbs level mismanagement. Get him out.

On 19/07/2022 at 21:45, glenburn bud said:

A very expensive mistake, 100 K compensation paid to Morecambe. He’s got no clue get rid pronto.

On 19/07/2022 at 22:03, Yardley said:

I would bin him now. His record since he's arrived has shown he's useless. He talks a good game but we are woeful 

On 19/07/2022 at 22:05, Lex said:

The football club is in absolute shambles, and it’s all Robinsons fault.

On 30/07/2022 at 10:48, Lex said:

I think we’d be mad to stand in Motherwell’s way if they ask to speak to him, or to ask for any kind of compensation. Given the terrible end to last season and even worse start to this one, he’s probably one more bad run away from the sack, and that really would be expensive.
He arrived in February, has there been a single good performance in the five months since? Probably St Johnstone away was the best but apart from that…
Getting him out the door for nothing would most likely save us the cost of mutual consenting him in the medium term.

On 30/07/2022 at 16:13, Captain Saintsible said:

If we can get rid of Robinson and get compensation then it’s a win win

My cat could do a better job than Robinson

On 30/07/2022 at 19:43, Uncle Scan said:

Robinson never got a decent start with us

I don't see any improvement in us and don't think we will kick on.

I'm getting the same feeling when a good manager like Davie Hay turns to shite while managing us. If the story has any substance to it I hope he goes. I think he will be the next casualty in the management stakes

On 30/07/2022 at 19:57, Yorky said:

Personally I think Robinson will be gone within a few weeks, when you sign players not good enough for another top flight club with little quality in the squad it’s only going to go one way.

A wee wave to the knicker wetters. Well done Robbo!

Edited by Buttocks Brown

Nice to be able to relax after the split for once. Making the top six - at last - is fantastic. Europe would be nice but unlikely - especially if we keep playing like that.

Was quite emotional at the end thinking about my dad - and at half-time reckoning he was looking down moaning "Typical St Mirren".

Like many Saints fans tonight I am very disappointed with today's performance but we have to look at the whole Season so far and that top six spot is most definitely success for us. Well done to the Club for getting there. I'll have a few sherbets tonight to celebrate and look forward the last five fixtures, hopefully we are at full throttle for all of them, a great prize is potentially still there for us.

P.S. After a quick look at previous fixtures should we have Dons, Jambos and H**s at Home and Hibs plus Smelltic away ???

After such a letdown of a performance, I shall park my disappointment at the result, at Thierry Small’s idiocy, and our inate ability to fall on our arse when the feelgood factor is in town.

I shall firstly toast Sir Jim of Goodwin, and the referee who sent off a Hibbee… then reflect on the fact that we are first and foremost, completely free of any relegation battle, will be testing ourself against the biggest and best teams in the uglies, the Embra’ twins, and the Dandies… with associated bigger crowds, income, atmosphere. Will be pleased for the club who can plan immediately for next season, and pleased for the players who, despite today, HAVE achieved something worth achieving. Surely to fcuk though, with today out of the way with no serious damage, we can relax and play some fitba’? We cannot do any worse than sixth now, that’s locked down. Hoping for better performances than today, even if we get beat by the bigger teams. We cannot be as pish as we were today. Hopefully.

6 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

A wee wave to the knicker wetters. Well done Robbo!

One particular walloper standing out in these posts.

Surprisingly it's not The Captain. Although he is a fucking plum.:P

Total nightmare of a game. We lost to an average Killie side. We just didn't compete and looked like a team who had just met each other for the first time. 

That aside we finally made top 6. I can't see us winning too many post split games but we can relax now. 

Robbo has done a brilliant job and deserves a lot of credit.