The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

58 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

In all honesty, we were poor today and yet Morton's keeper was MOTM with 3 cracking saves and a sitter missed by Olusanya.

On another day that game is wrapped up at the hour mark but we just didn't take chances.

I don’t remember another day when we wrap games up easily. Livingston at home last season was the exception 

2 hours ago, McG said:

Friendly or not that was fucking abysmal.

I would also be begging Carson to stay if I was Robinson.

Absolutely mate - the difference a good goalkeeper makes is enormous. Today I could see Gallagher getting annoyed at the lack of instructions. I’m not being down on the lad but he’s definitely going to need to go some to beat Trevor 

10 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

We desperately need a striker 

We just got 3 strikers. 2 played today, stav still to come. McMenamin and mandron need some time to settle. Time to drop the shite out the squad

17 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

You better hope the manager has a better keeper to come in, cause that keeper today was shite. Let that sink in!

Trying too hard, you have Callum Watters Kirk Broadfoot and Jack Baird. Let that sink in.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Confirmation of another striker coming in surely spells the end for at least two of Olusanya, Jamieson and Grieve at this point.

I would say all 3.

Need Carson back there's more to goalkeeping than shot stopping.

Hemming not got it

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

FFS It's an exercise. 

The result doesn't matter as long as our players have some additional games in their legs.

Keep telling yourself that 🤣🤣🤣 there's never a meaningless game against you manky b*****ds. There's always bragging rights up for grabs tonight there ours n we will enjoy them just as yous fkn would so dry yer fkn eyes 

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

We won't see you next season that's how. You will be relegated and we'll be promoted. Let that sink in! 

Funny to see the drug addled maggots crawling out the woodwork for the first time in years after a meaningless friendly🤣  Having said that I still don't regret throwing a wad into their buckets many years ago to save them going bust.

1 minute ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Keep telling yourself that 🤣🤣🤣there's never a meaningless game against you manky b*****ds. There's always bragging rights up for grabs tonight there ours n we will enjoy them just as yous fkn would so dry yer fkn eyes 

If it's in the league or cup then absolutely.

TBH we've been so far apart in recent years, you've become an irrelevance to most of our support, other than to point and laugh at when you get relegated from the championship or shit the bed trying to get promoted.

I had planned to watch the test match today and didn't consider for one moment attending today's game.

Sadly rain put paid to that and I ended up shelling out £5 for Tinpot TV as a last resort. The Carpetrite Gym gave me a good laugh though, when I could actually watch the game.

Good luck for the coming season.

Morton got their best men on the case in this thread. Handing out quite the roasting. 😐

Anyway, someone made the point that, Ayunga and McMenamin aside, we have got about 6 back up strikers (Nahmani tbc) and it's hard to disagree with that. Olusanya isn't a football player and he needs shifting on. I think he's only been given time in these friendlies as a last chance to prove himself.

I think he will be mutually consented; Offord will be loaned. Greive will be kept but he's 5th choice and is going to find minutes harder to come by. We are left praying that Ayunga comes back the player he was, that McMenamin lives up to the price tag, and Nahmani proves to be a player.

As far as I’m concerned, the jury is still out on Hemming. He had very little to do in the other friendlies, so it is too early to judge how he will be. Obvious concerns around his decision-making and whether he can come for crosses and really dominate his box. Carson would be preferable, but surely Boro have seen something in this young man. Morton’s keeper today, Ryan Mullen,  was signed after he left Clyde, where he initially had mixed reviews. He did alright today, but maybe that will be his best ever game for Morton, who knows. At least today’s performance, and result, is a timely reminder that we still have work to do, on and off the pitch. Like others have pointed out, we need to make decisions on some of these strikers if they are not going to contribute much this season.