The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I am sure Strain was a free transfer (and he was already 25 by the time he joined us) so I can't see why Haifa would be due anything.

For some reason I had it in my head that he'd been released early from his contract. 

Good news then.

49 minutes ago, GAD said:

So was Alan Combe and a another guy in a Dundee tracksuit and a guy sitting next to me had a laptop and a Stenhousemuir jacket on. What could it all mean?

Me I was streaming at home and they guy next to me was wolfing down my paella. Could not blame him it was rather yummy. 

1 hour ago, GAD said:

So was Alan Combe and a another guy in a Dundee tracksuit and a guy sitting next to me had a laptop and a Stenhousemuir jacket on. What could it all mean?

Combe and Dundee dude will be spying and the Stenny guy perhaps wanting to loan Kenny, Offord etc

5 hours ago, Div said:

Decent wee update from the club. It's good to be kept in the loop about stuff happening off the park.

The guys that have spent a good chunk of their Summer cleaning the stadium are incredible. Some effort!

What’s the situation with the executive boxes in the main stand ?  Where will they be placed ? 

10 minutes ago, callum-g said:

What’s the situation with the executive boxes in the main stand ?  Where will they be placed ? 

The interm committee for 1877 club says the trophy area in the club was to be moved and it was going to be turned into an executive box don't know if that is still the plan.

13 minutes ago, elvis said:

The interm committee for 1877 club says the trophy area in the club was to be moved and it was going to be turned into an executive box don't know if that is still the plan.

So, if true , the 1877 members, many of whom paid a lot of money to fit out the void are to be cast aside for corporate clients ?  Doesn’t seem fair. 

Edited by callum-g

10 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Nahmani is only 20. But maybe something to do with being registered in the first team or something?

Apparently, the criteria for an overage player is that they are 20 on 31st January the year before the competition commences.

Nahamani turned 20 on October last year.

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, callum-g said:

I believe they are being built in the old media room which is in the corridor to the right as you come up the main stairs.

The media room is being relocated to the 1877 club, taking up the space that was previously used for displaying memorabilia.

As such this doesn’t really affect the 1877 club in terms of available seating as there were no tables in that area but it will reduce the footprint of the club and that in turn will reduce its capacity per the safety certificate.